Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

No I was trying to be funny It is a loud noise unfortunately or at least it sounds loud when you are right next to it. That is the only negative about the SIM, it would have been better if the valves were at the unshaped end as it would be easier to use the pump without going outside. The pump does the job really quickly though and one charge lasts for ages.
Cheers Gillian. Thought that's what you were getting at :D but just wanted to check. Everything always sounds so loud at bedtime!

I was going to order one last year and then forgot as we've slept upstairs since but I've just booked Caerfai Farm (St David's) on the Pembrokeshire coast and the wind blows a hooley! Will be the first time going there in our Cali. Our old Toyota Hiace hi top was okay but would rock us to sleep and we've had to double the driveaway awning guylines with storm straps on more than one occasion.

The SeatoSummit isn't available anywhere at the mo in the UK (doh! Case of "snooze you lose") but I've set email notifications on a couple of sites so hopefully will hear soon. We have 2 Thermarest deluxe SIMS that we used in the old van and home if we have visitors or go to visit others. They're mega comfy but the 2 singles together are 130 cm wide, so a tad wide, and of course no cut out corner, but am going to see what they're like anyway.

Will take a look at the pump, it sounds a good idea. Thanks

Cheers Gillian. Thought that's what you were getting at :D but just wanted to check. Everything always sounds so loud at bedtime!

I was going to order one last year and then forgot as we've slept upstairs since but I've just booked Caerfai Farm (St David's) on the Pembrokeshire coast and the wind blows a hooley! Will be the first time going there in our Cali. Our old Toyota Hiace hi top was okay but would rock us to sleep and we've had to double the driveaway awning guylines with storm straps on more than one occasion.

The SeatoSummit isn't available anywhere at the mo in the UK (doh! Case of "snooze you lose") but I've set email notifications on a couple of sites so hopefully will hear soon. We have 2 Thermarest deluxe SIMS that we used in the old van and home if we have visitors or go to visit others. They're mega comfy but the 2 singles together are 130 cm wide, so a tad wide, and of course no cut out corner, but am going to see what they're like anyway.

Will take a look at the pump, it sounds a good idea. Thanks
Try the mattresses you have anyway, they might be OK and at least you can put the valves at the end that works best. The pump is a great bit of kit and is tiny so easy to store anywhere!

After the main table we have now managed to vinyl cover the little table in the van.
c40a9f2d14db59cf3c182bb708a3b232.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks @GillianC I think it might be worth getting one. We like to leave the SIM and quilt up top when we close the roof so anything to help deflate it rather than wrestle with it for 5 minutes sounds like money well spent. Thanks
Absolutely!!! The sight of me rolling around on mine in my pajamas is not a pretty one!! I have been known to roll too far and get stuck. Also if you use the SIM up top you can turn it round so valves at the right end.

After the main table we have now managed to vinyl cover the little table in the van.
c40a9f2d14db59cf3c182bb708a3b232.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Where do you get these small tables from and what is their official name?

New Vango footprint for the Siesta awning, ridge monkey xl and folding dog dishes.

Cali-Camping window bags for the Ocean arrived this afternoon from Germany having only ordered on Friday. Super easy to fit and very pleased with them!

4122B109-0E5E-4D42-A098-874A6EFFA1CF.jpeg

Good afternoon,

During this years (short) trip we realised that we won't get the best out of the wardrobe. We discussed our "camping workflow" and my wife and I decided to get shelves into the wardrobe.

I decided to go for the version from Calitop, which I ordered this week Monday, with delivery this morning (I think this is not too bad).

1595603717552.png

Installation was about 1,5 hours. The instructions weren't that bad, but there were 2x or 3x items I would have liked to be better explained. But now it is in and I think it looks good and gives us still suffisant access to the safety box to slip in papers (passports, car documents, money...).

Happy California,
Eberhard

A jukebox for rodents ... I hope they don't like this music and go dancing elsewhere.
Ultrasound anti rodent system installed by VW dealer
20200724_211222.jpg

Good afternoon,

During this years (short) trip we realised that we won't get the best out of the wardrobe. We discussed our "camping workflow" and my wife and I decided to get shelves into the wardrobe.

I decided to go for the version from Calitop, which I ordered this week Monday, with delivery this morning (I think this is not too bad).

View attachment 63358

Installation was about 1,5 hours. The instructions weren't that bad, but there were 2x or 3x items I would have liked to be better explained. But now it is in and I think it looks good and gives us still suffisant access to the safety box to slip in papers (passports, car documents, money...).

Happy California,
Eberhard
That looks neat, would stop us (me) having to move several packing cubes to get at mine and possibly the bread wouldn't get squashed. Funny how Mrs K's packing Cubes are always on top even though I have loaded the van and put mine on top.

Where they expensive Eberhard?

Hello Karlos,

There are some options to configure a kit. In my configuration the price was around EUR 210 including shipment.

It looks good, but it was clear for me from the beginning that it won't hold heavy items (cans). I can't remember if there was a weight restriction mentioned on the web page. Have to have another look.

Beside this I expect those shelves will make access to clothes simpler. We hope to get out with the camper at some stage in August (staying in Ireland). Then we will test the setup.

Also we plan to get the drawer kit here from the shop. I've been told they will be available at some stage in August. The idea is the same to improve the access to things.

Happy California.
Eberhard

Hello Karlos,

There are some options to configure a kit. In my configuration the price was around EUR 210 including shipment.

It looks good, but it was clear for me from the beginning that it won't hold heavy items (cans). I can't remember if there was a weight restriction mentioned on the web page. Have to have another look.

Beside this I expect those shelves will make access to clothes simpler. We hope to get out with the camper at some stage in August (staying in Ireland). Then we will test the setup.

Also we plan to get the drawer kit here from the shop. I've been told they will be available at some stage in August. The idea is the same to improve the access to things.

Happy California.
Eberhard
Thanks Eberhard.

2 Sunnersta shelf/trays for my above kitchen rails (hanging courtesy of @Bigted's rail brackets). I did used to have some but can't for the life of me find them now. Glad I lost them as they used to be metal, so if they fell off the rail could probably damage the glass worktops. Now they're made of plastic and a lot lighter in weight. They must be really new as the website still shows the steel ones.

Just ordered from the shop: Vango Palm driveaway awning. I wanted a small footprint with detachable groundsheet. It's a replacement for our Outdoor Revolution Outhouse XL Handi which has served us well for many years as a small pole/sleeve storage awning for short trips and festivals. It's always been great but I now want a small one that's nice to sit inside too.

Our larger awning is a Khyam quick erect that I love (has an attachable extension and inner bedroom too) but in the Cali we have less space than our old Toyota Hiace and when the khyam's wet it's a pain to travel with, put up again wet if moving on and then dry at home (the canvas stays on the frame and you need space to erect it, you can't give it a good old shake out or just hang it on the washing line or anywhere around the house).

I would have gone for the Vango Tolga but it only has a sewn in groundsheet, which I didn't want as I like to leave the groundsheet out if we're on warm/dry grass or hardstanding.

Found that the club shop price was about the same as some other sites but with VIP discount and free delivery it was only £378. I like to buy from the shop anyway when they have what I want as they give great customer service and are always happy to help with enquiries and advice.

Have never had an "air" before so looking forward to seeing how that turns out for us. On the Attwooll's demo vid it looks a lot easier to pitch than it's cheaper sibling, the Faros (pole/sleeve), so a bonus when it's just me and the dog, and when hubby's with us will avoid the usual frustrations and potiential for WW3 kicking off!

Last edited:
Probably pixer, I've done our table with one of the vinyl prints.
Join their email as they have lots of discount offers almost weekly.

Haven’t bought this but thought it might be good if you have kids as it’s a chalkboard covering. Only £6 per 2m roll.

I got the pink/blue stained wood effect a while back from Wilko, but haven’t fitted it yet.

Last edited:
Just ordered from the shop: Vango Palm driveaway awning. I wanted a small footprint with detachable groundsheet. It's a replacement for our Outdoor Revolution Outhouse XL Handi which has served us well for many years as a small pole/sleeve storage awning for short trips and festivals. It's always been great but I now want a small one that's nice to sit inside too.

Our larger awning is a Khyam quick erect that I love (has an attachable extension and inner bedroom too) but in the Cali we have less space than our old Toyota Hiace and when the khyam's wet it's a pain to travel with, put up again wet if moving on and then dry at home (the canvas stays on the frame and you need space to erect it, you can't give it a good old shake out or just hang it on the washing line or anywhere around the house).

I would have gone for the Vango Tolga but it only has a sewn in groundsheet, which I didn't want as I like to leave the groundsheet out if we're on warm/dry grass or hardstanding.

Found that the club shop price was about the same as some other sites but with VIP discount and free delivery it was only £378. I like to buy from the shop anyway when they have what I want as they give great customer service and are always happy to help with enquiries and advice.

Have never had an "air" before so looking forward to seeing how that turns out for us. On the Attwooll's demo vid it looks a lot easier to pitch than it's cheaper sibling, the Faros (pole/sleeve), so a bonus when it's just me and the dog, and when hubby's with us will avoid the usual frustrations and potiential for WW3 kicking off!
Wow, delivery notification for tomorrow. Didn’t expect it that quick :bananadance2.
Great service from the shop as usual.

Back