Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

CaliBear

CaliBear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The MSCIEN thingy has quite a few bad reviews for causing fires lol
That's exactly what put me off most of the others on Amazon. I don'twant the thing to start a fire while I am away from the van or worse while sleeping. Some people had mentioned this Pro Elec one being awkward to plug into, but we have used it loads even running a kettle and at night a 1500w heater for 12 hours and no signs of the adaptor overheating from poor contacts and manufacturing.

Bryan2411

Bryan2411

2014 SE
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Nice job.
But won’t you be sitting under your awning at night, getting eaten alive by the critters.....?
Hopefully not!! Didn’t really see a difference between this and fairy lights any other form of outdoor lighting. It can be dimmed.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hopefully not!! Didn’t really see a difference between this and fairy lights any other form of outdoor lighting. It can be dimmed.
Lets us know how it works out after a summer season. I would imagine the light will attract bugs to the van...?

Be good to hear your experience after a few months use though :thumb

Mrpraline

Mrpraline

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Nice! Do you know if the ooni will run on LPG only or can it run on Butane?
It's only designed to work with Propane, not Butane. I need to find a smaller tank - the smallest I could get from my local garage is still huge! But doesn't seem like we're going to be able to take it out and about any time soon, so it's fine to keep us entertained in the garden for the time being!

CaliBear

CaliBear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
It's only designed to work with Propane, not Butane. I need to find a smaller tank - the smallest I could get from my local garage is still huge! But doesn't seem like we're going to be able to take it out and about any time soon, so it's fine to keep us entertained in the garden for the time being!
That's a shame as would save carrying another cylinder around. We have had a Roccbox for a few years and it's way to big and heavy to take away with us and will only run on LPG or wood, which would take up loads more space.
Hadn't seen the new ooni's since they were called uuni and were wood pellet fired only.
The one you have looks great though!
Once you have started making your own dough and cooking your own pizzas in a decent pizza oven you never end up getting a domino's again.

Mrpraline

Mrpraline

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Definitely! I have a proper brick wood-fired oven at home and am so impressed with this little thing. Obviously doesn't quite compare with the primaeval pleasure of using wood, but runs circles around it for convenience. It was ready in 15 minutes and cooked pizzas in under a minute. And you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference in taste.

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I bought a set of Pagid front discs and pads from car parts4less, fitted by local garage for £60.00 total circa £220. VW wanted £425.