Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Found a good way of storing all our pots and pans using the dead space beside the under bench drawer. Plastic container found in IKEA. Slides in and out and does not get in the way of the table. Reduces the rattling and leaves the cupboard empty for us fill with other crap.

View attachment 62396

View attachment 62397

View attachment 62398
We are looking for a container to fit here as can't bring ourselves to buy the drawer!

We want to put our tea / coffee stuff here for easy access as we have a beach.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’ve never figured out what the guide and inform thing is or does. What does it do?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It gives up to the minute traffic flow information from highway authorities on trunk roads across Europe.

Plus a whole host of less useful information:
  • Weather at destination
  • Fuel prices at local filling stations
  • Available parking spaces at connected town centre car parks
  • News
  • and a host of geeky stuff that I've never used such as route import
You do need to have Discover Media linked to a mobile data device to work, and at £5 per month it is marginal if it is value for money. But I have missed the traffic flow information recently, especially after being delayed unnecessary for over an hour at the Blackwall Tunnel because of a broken down HGV: I had an opportunity to divert to the Woolwich Ferry or Dartford River Crossing.

It gives up to the minute traffic flow information from highway authorities on trunk roads across Europe.

Plus a whole host of less useful information:
  • Weather at destination
  • Fuel prices at local filling stations
  • Available parking spaces at connected town centre car parks
  • News
  • and a host of geeky stuff that I've never used such as route import
You do need to have Discover Media linked to a mobile data device to work, and at £5 per month it is marginal if it is value for money. But I have missed the traffic flow information recently, especially after being delayed unnecessary for over an hour at the Blackwall Tunnel because of a broken down HGV: I had an opportunity to divert to the Woolwich Ferry or Dartford River Crossing.

How about just using Google Maps? Nothing more up-to-date than that ... and it re-routes you as well. I have completely switched over to Google maps for navigation. If local, don't need to plug in the phone. Anything outside local town, the phone is plugged in an navigation is either Google maps or Waze.

How about just using Google Maps? Nothing more up-to-date than that ... and it re-routes you as well. I have completely switched over to Google maps for navigation. If local, don't need to plug in the phone. Anything outside local town, the phone is plugged in an navigation is either Google maps or Waze.
I like the integrated sat nav with its nice large display linked to the main dash display giving a countdown to the next junction.

I like the integrated sat nav with its nice large display linked to the main dash display giving a countdown to the next junction.

Thanks @Amarillo I also like the sat nav interface but my Co driver hates the route planner she thinks it’s inferior to google maps. Does suggest some strange routes sometimes. Recently it wanted me to leave the A14 get off go around a roundabout and get back on! I also tether with my iPhone for connected traffic etc. And the connection seems to drop out when it feels like it. Give up in the end and use car play.

Thanks @Amarillo I also like the sat nav interface but my Co driver hates the route planner she thinks it’s inferior to google maps. Does suggest some strange routes sometimes. Recently it wanted me to leave the A14 get off go around a roundabout and get back on! I also tether with my iPhone for connected traffic etc. And the connection seems to drop out when it feels like it. Give up in the end and use car play.

Yes it does recommend odd things occasionally, especially in slow moving traffic. I just like its integratedness. No cables, no wires, no suction cups, just a central screen and the multifunctional display.

Yes it does recommend odd things occasionally, especially in slow moving traffic. I just like its integratedness. No cables, no wires, no suction cups, just a central screen and the multifunctional display.
We use waze off mrs ks phone as she uses it for business travel. I find ot totally infuriating but she loves it. One thing that does impress me is when it alerts me to a broken down or stopped vehicle.

An inflatable lounger and footstool £24.99 from The Range. I already had the throw to brighten it up! Inflates quickly using the excellent Tomight rechargeable pump as recommended by @California4x4
I use the pump to top up my SIM too.
makes a great noise on the campsite at bed time
C3868CD3-C9D3-4DDD-9CB8-FD8BA6BD73E8.jpeg

An inflatable lounger and footstool £24.99 from The Range. I already had the throw to brighten it up! Inflates quickly using the excellent Tomight rechargeable pump as recommended by @California4x4
I use the pump to top up my SIM too.
makes a great noise on the campsite at bed time
View attachment 63053
When you say "great noise on the campsite at bed time" do you mean great big/loud noise or great that it's quiet? I suspect the former :), but would be good to know.

When you say "great noise on the campsite at bed time" do you mean great big/loud noise or great that it's quiet? I suspect the former :), but would be good to know.
No I was trying to be funny It is a loud noise unfortunately or at least it sounds loud when you are right next to it. That is the only negative about the SIM, it would have been better if the valves were at the unshaped end as it would be easier to use the pump without going outside. The pump does the job really quickly though and one charge lasts for ages.

Hi @GillianC, which brand is your SIM and what type of valves does it have. I just had a look at the Tomight pump and like the idea of using it to deflate my Sea to Summit SIM. Thanks
It is the Sea to Summit SIM. Must admit that I haven’t used the pump to deflate it but that might be a good idea. My usual process is to fold it back into three and lie across it! Wish the valves were the other end.
Sorry - didn't answer your question - the pump comes with three nozzles and it is the big short one that fits the SIM and the lounger chair.

Last edited:
Back