Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

At last ordered a Sea to Summit campervan SI mattress and broke the jinx.

I’ve been looking for ages with no luck and Sea to Summit saying they’ll be in soon. Had an email from a company a couple of weeks back saying they had one in, but had missed it by one hour! Anyway, alpinetrek.co.uk have them now. So, went to order last night whilst camping on a site with very poor wifi and phone/data signal
  1. Went to pay by PayPal but forget I lost my card and had it cancelled so no go
  2. Went to transfer money from another account and pay by PayPal credit. But to do that they had to send me a phone code, the number listed was to a phone at home and to change to another phone it would send a different code to the phone at home
  3. got hubby’s credit card and at the “verify CCV” we didn’t get the code to his mobile tried resending several times
  4. tried his debit card, but the same
  5. this morning we left the site and drove up the hill to a good data signal. Tried again and all the verification went through as well as the code, directed back to the website to a “sorry, time out“ message
So, I thought I’d try once more (getting a right cob on). Credit card, code, verification, continue, “Thanks for your order”. Phew! It should arrive in 3-5 days.

£252 with free delivery. It better be flipping comfy, I’m knackered from all this and need a lie down!

You could have purchased the spare I had and saved yourself a lot of hassle.

Bought an awning rail for a caravan fixed it onto treated timber above our patio doors. The reason for this was when we come back from a trip and our awning needs drying out we slide the kadar strip into the rail and half inflate the awning allowing it to dry out. Will attach pics soon :thumb

You could have purchased the spare I had and saved yourself a lot of hassle.
I know, and we did discuss it, but with Alpine trek you get a 2 year warranty. Good luck with selling yours. I know there are people out there who still want them. When I get ours and have tested it out I’ll post about yours on a couple of Facebook groups I’m in and I’ll let you know if there is interest or if you’re on Facebook they could pm you. if you agree.

Since you seem to have a Thule awning, was there a reasonto not get a Thule rafter? In Sweden it is less money than the fiamma.
I don’t have a good answer I’m afraid. I searched this forum for user experience of both. The limited consensus was the Fiamma option was more effective. I have no personal experience of the Thule option although it is a brand I am generally happy to pay for (I have roof bars, roof box and rear bike rack). If it is a much better price, it might be worth going for the Thule given where you are. I believe it will be possible to trial it carefully without causing any marks or damage, so you could return it if it is not effective.

Last edited:
2 lengths of M8 stainless threaded bar, nuts and clamping knobs to fix 2 completely seized arms on the Kylie. All done for about £15 versus £140 for 2 new ones!

At last ordered a Sea to Summit campervan SI mattress and broke the jinx.

I’ve been looking for ages with no luck and Sea to Summit saying they’ll be in soon. Had an email from a company a couple of weeks back saying they had one in, but had missed it by one hour! Anyway, alpinetrek.co.uk have them now. So, went to order last night whilst camping on a site with very poor wifi and phone/data signal
  1. Went to pay by PayPal but forget I lost my card and had it cancelled so no go
  2. Went to transfer money from another account and pay by PayPal credit. But to do that they had to send me a phone code, the number listed was to a phone at home and to change to another phone it would send a different code to the phone at home
  3. got hubby’s credit card and at the “verify CCV” we didn’t get the code to his mobile tried resending several times
  4. tried his debit card, but the same
  5. this morning we left the site and drove up the hill to a good data signal. Tried again and all the verification went through as well as the code, directed back to the website to a “sorry, time out“ message
So, I thought I’d try once more (getting a right cob on). Credit card, code, verification, continue, “Thanks for your order”. Phew! It should arrive in 3-5 days.

£252 with free delivery. It better be flipping comfy, I’m knackered from all this and need a lie down!
Would it be possible to post a photo of the mattress rolled up just to get an idea of the size?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Would it be possible to post a photo of the mattress rolled up just to get an idea of the size?

The mattress came in the blue stuff sack below the parcel shelf. I don’t think it will ever go back in there. I now keep a down duvet in there.
I keep it folded on the back shelf and it doesn’t take up much more room than the original rear mattress.

The mattress came in the blue stuff sack below the parcel shelf. I don’t think it will ever go back in there. I now keep a down duvet in there.
I keep it folded on the back shelf and it doesn’t take up much more room than the original rear mattress.
Thanks

Made use of our old beach table kept me busy for a couple of hours, don't like to see waste used a sliding table rail Kit from clearcut campervans, some people probably think it's pointless but we like making drinks outside when we can especially on day trips so why not recycle.

Cali TB 1.jpg

Cali TB 2.jpg

If you search for it, other people have put pics on in other posts. I’ll post some as well when it comes. Ordered FrI afternoon and with Mon being a bank hol I’m hoping it comes by this Fri. Latest should be early next week.

If it’s really comfy we might remove the upper bed standard mattress and store it deflated up there to sleep there and bring it down if we can’t. If not we’ll have it in the back probably rolled or folded on the rear shelf under the Ikea Drona boxes we store our bedding in.

Looks like a better fit than the IKEA equivalent. Good find.

Perfect fit is a little swing bin I got from home bargains for £4.99 (Have also seen it in B&M and the Range). Advantage is you don’t need to lift the lid.

368EE829-B572-4FFD-B87C-8E58E14E5DD1.jpeg

679898D3-AC60-4EB7-B75D-49E74AE5AB8F.jpeg

My wife got us two Yeti coffee mugs to keep coffee warm. They work a treat.

You've made a good purchase, they'll last a lifetime. It's the only cups we use (albeit we have the non handle variety). Great for tea, coffee, beer and wine.
Do they fit in the cup holders in the front of a T6 please?

Do they fit in the cup holders in the front of a T6 please?
If you want a drinking vessel that fits into the T6 cup holders; see pics below. Multi purpose thermos type, ideal for all drinks especially keeping beer cold on a hot day. Will keep hot drinks hot for hours with lid on and can be transported with ‘no spill’. £18 each from Tesco’s and other outlets. Brilliant bit of kit.B503C04D-3C5A-4F7D-9C2F-1B44FF000AFD.jpeg30385811-362F-4A29-BDE4-E0CBEC55D604.jpeg

Back