Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Will use it this weekend and let you know how it performs. Packs up really small for what it is.
View attachment 64701
An update here on how it performed (accidentally updated another thread with same info)

One word - brilliant.

Packs up small
Opens up very easy. 10 seconds max
Lights up easy and burns well because of the various air vents
Easy to empty, turn upside down on to some aluminium foil (just in case of any remaining hot embers.
Very easy to clean, just brush off with a rag. If worried about moving joins, use a dash of copper grease. Not needed though.
Once hot embers removed, cools off within 2-3 minutes
All ready to pack.

Very handy and impressed with it.
cc69cae0c19d04b205922533f97b5ea8.jpg
d03751af054ac2935bd93e9d87626d90.jpg

Heko wind deflectors
Bosch filters (air, oil, fuel, cabin)
8 litres of Castrol Edge Titanium (507)
Makes you realise just how expensive main dealers are!

As someone who is vertically challenged, getting in and out of the top bed whilst trying to avoid standing on the heating element in the heated seats or on the arms of the front seats has always been a challenge. I can do it but it sure isn’t elegant. I’d looked at various options, the purpose built ladder (too expensive and bulky), inflatable footrest (requires too much puff) and various folding stools (none seemed just right and all were bulky) and then I found a wonderfully clever folding stool on Amazon. It takes up most no room and, so far, takes the weight of a couple of porkers.

Here’s the link in case there are any other vertically challenged chubsters out there!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YW9PH3N/?tag=eliteelect-21

View attachment 64622
Do you put this on the seat to step up or on the floor because it’s not much higher than the seats...

We bought two Dunelm small double fitted sheets for the top and bottom beds in our T6.1 - just £11 each. The colour is almost a perfect match for the darker grey of the 6.1. We have a Sea to Summit SIM downstairs and the sheet fits brilliantly. The same sheets also fit the top mattress. They are elasticated around their entire sides so hug the mattresses really well. Utter bargain.

Yes, I was waiting for that question. It was sometime ago, I bought it from Hifix of Coventry online. They were the cheapest at the time. I’ve just checked and it’s now £164 ish. Still cheaper than Curry’s etc. In my opinion still worth it and comparable with Pure et al.
We have the Roberts Solar DAB radio, they are also very good units and self charging thanks to the solar panel integrated into the radio. Think they retail around £100.

Do you put this on the seat to step up or on the floor because it’s not much higher than the seats...
On the floor. It isn’t much higher than the seats but it saves me standing on the seat and potentially damaging the heated seat element. From the stool it can reach the top of the seat back for the final push up onto the top bed.

@Thelovewalrus , i just saved 3,99£ / 5,99€
I take those of my old jackets/trousers before handing them to charity or bin them and keep them with the sewing gear...
You made my day ...:D

I have got this Sirocco II fan working now, it is very quiet and very low current draw. Much better than noisy smaller fans I have used previously. They have been making these for 30 years and they are popular on boats.

View attachment 64933
Hi I'm very interested in purchasing a fan having had many sleepless nights just not being able to cope with the heat in our van. My wife hates noise so your comment about being quiet will hopefully make her happy? Does it just plug in to a 12v socket or do you have to use a converter? We mainly do not use mains connections so does it have a timer so that it stops using battery power after a certain time when you've got off to sleep so as to keep battery consumption to a minimum? Maybe you could let me have details of the model and where you bought it from since they are an expensive buy. Thanks.

Unfortunately haven’t tried it out in van due to this awful weather.

D7F01292-D41B-477C-9B16-AE4FA9F91E3A.jpeg

Hi I'm very interested in purchasing a fan having had many sleepless nights just not being able to cope with the heat in our van. My wife hates noise so your comment about being quiet will hopefully make her happy? Does it just plug in to a 12v socket or do you have to use a converter? We mainly do not use mains connections so does it have a timer so that it stops using battery power after a certain time when you've got off to sleep so as to keep battery consumption to a minimum? Maybe you could let me have details of the model and where you bought it from since they are an expensive buy. Thanks.
Here is the amazon link I purchased it from.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LDY4X36/?tag=eliteelect-21

Here is the link for the 12V supply plug I purchased, as it is only supplied with a short pair of bare wires. The 12V plug in the link is not a perfect match, the connectors are a little large and the wiring gauge is thicker, meaning the supply and return have to be routed out of opposite sides of the fan to allow the base plate to slide back on. Although this works, If you can find one with thinner wires it would work better.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083WCQ6RF/?tag=eliteelect-21

The fan has 4 timer settings covering 3,6,9 and 12 hours. It has 3 speed settings, the lowest of which is very quiet, and very low current draw.

It is supposed to be attached to a surface permanently with screws (not included) but to avoid this I just used super strong Velcro, so I can take it on and off easily, and not have drill holes in the trim anywhere.

I’m happy with it and think it’s worth the extra cost.

Just ordered from the shop: Vango Palm driveaway awning. I wanted a small footprint with detachable groundsheet. It's a replacement for our Outdoor Revolution Outhouse XL Handi which has served us well for many years as a small pole/sleeve storage awning for short trips and festivals. It's always been great but I now want a small one that's nice to sit inside too.

Our larger awning is a Khyam quick erect that I love (has an attachable extension and inner bedroom too) but in the Cali we have less space than our old Toyota Hiace and when the khyam's wet it's a pain to travel with, put up again wet if moving on and then dry at home (the canvas stays on the frame and you need space to erect it, you can't give it a good old shake out or just hang it on the washing line or anywhere around the house).

I would have gone for the Vango Tolga but it only has a sewn in groundsheet, which I didn't want as I like to leave the groundsheet out if we're on warm/dry grass or hardstanding.

Found that the club shop price was about the same as some other sites but with VIP discount and free delivery it was only £378. I like to buy from the shop anyway when they have what I want as they give great customer service and are always happy to help with enquiries and advice.

Have never had an "air" before so looking forward to seeing how that turns out for us. On the Attwooll's demo vid it looks a lot easier to pitch than it's cheaper sibling, the Faros (pole/sleeve), so a bonus when it's just me and the dog, and when hubby's with us will avoid the usual frustrations and potiential for WW3 kicking off!

Read this with interest. We’ve got an Outwell San Diego Freeway which has been pretty good (got it quite cheap off eBay and was ‘like new’ when bought) but it’s so big and heavy when bagged, and a tube has a slow puncture which I’ve failed to repair...so I’m kind of going off the idea of inflatables. Can I ask, what are the benefits to trad awnings? Are they much smaller when bagged?

Something you touched on, and something I’m sure many people find, is when camping flexibility is key - in the UK, especially. For example, last weekend due to high winds we made do just camping in the van with the roof down and no awning, and it was absolutely great. (The VW topper mattress for the downstairs Beach bed is so much less comfy than the random one I bought off eBay years ago for my last van but that’s another matter.) Anyway, it would be good to have an easy but robust awning that we love having fallen out of love with the Outwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25f935591fd6f196c2cd95c55180a03f.jpg

Bought and fitted these today.

b1bd3f28ff67ac79cf14bed2d76546cf.jpg

And these. Hopefully will be useful for our first outing in our ‘new to us’ Cali also known as Polly.

A Cinch
QTM thermal reflective internal blinds (10% VIP discount available)

Back