Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

We are planning our first Alpine ski trip in the van, 3 weeks in March so to reduce condensation an external thermal screen cover, hook up splitter in case we have to share a hook up, a Kampa Cube ceramic heater that we can leave on low during the day and night, and finally after 5 years of ownership a bellows bungee.

Last year we bought a collapsible kettle and a small microwave we found both very useful and saved a lot on gas usage, it's amazing how many kettles you can boil in a day.

maxxcamp ladder for roofbed ... lovely quality .. but as a member has observed, doesn't quite hook on edge of opening as it should!
Have you drilled into back of rear seat in order to attach ladder for storage ?

And I guess I was right

Have you drilled into back of rear seat in order to attach ladder for storage ?
No, I haven't actually used it in earnest yet!!
I have purchased, and put in position, and tried out, but never been away in the camper using it.
I don't imagine I will secure it that way, as I'm not sure that it wouldn't impact undesirably on how I use the rear storage area. I will test it out and keep you posted.

Cadac 2-Cook

IMG_0114.JPG
Two pan supports

IMG_0115.JPG
Pan support and flat grill plate

IMG_0116.JPG
Ribbed grill plate and flat grill plate

IMG_0117.JPG
Carry case

Not tried yet, but it appears to be a good solid bit of kit, and I'm really impressed with the size of the pan supports, ⌀30cm. Will be used in conjunction with the excellent Cadac Safari Chef when camping and Cadac Carri Chef at home. The daunting 77 page user instructions have a less daunting 6 pages in English.

This:
IMG_20200130_190533.jpg

IMG_20200130_190738.jpg
Instead of my stinky diesel heater (just for getting out the chill, not to heat up).
Should be good for a small 30m³.
Just a little noisy with the fan, but lightweight, and only 600W. (220V)

Replacement onmistor awning gearbox
Electrical hookup unit backbox
SIlicone Spray
Tear-Aid
LED bulb for the bendy light
Araldite
2 x Varta LA80
Cooker lid gas strut
Fiamma carry rack end cap
Onmistor tie-down kit
Bellows Bungee
Shelf clips
2 x walking stick end caps (11mm diameter) to go over the metal prongs on the rear matress board to make them less liable to damage anything that they go near
ceramic fuse

Living the dream!

Last week had loads or retail therapy. Not exactly FOR the Cali, but for when we’re about in it:
  • Satmap handheld gps with maps 50,000, 25,000 & 10,000 maps
  • Ravpower foldup portable solar panel (can be clipped on to my backpack) to charge our devices
  • Ravpower usb charger for the DSLR camera
  • Books:
    • Urban rambles: 20 glorious walks through English cities
    • The natural navigator: the art of reading nature’s own signposts
    • Hidden histories: a spotter’s guide to the British landscape
    • The walker’s guide to outdoor clues and signs
    • How to read water: clues & patterns from puddles to the sea
    • How to read churches: a crash course in ecclesiastical architecture
    • How to read castles: a crash course in understanding fortifications
    • Do wild baking: food, fire and good times
Just a little reading then! We haven’t had chance to do much walking over the last couple of years so I intend to make up for it this year.

Also tickets for Timber festival in the July in the National Forest and for NEC camping show in Feb.

Nearly forgot - GTI premiere seat covers arrived yesterday (great service from the shop, as usual) and an isotop on preorder, for the pop top.

Shame I have to go to work to pay for all this, they just don’t get that it interferes with “Cali-time”.

I NEARLY bought a Thule easy bag today but I just can’t bring myself to part with 180 large for one....:headbang

I NEARLY bought a Thule easy bag today but I just can’t bring myself to part with 180 large for one....:headbang
Oh no! If you buy a cheaper one and it’s not as good, you’ll always be wishing you’ll have bought the Thule. I’d say, if you have the money, bite the bullet and go for it.

Oh no! If you buy a cheaper one and it’s not as good, you’ll always be wishing you’ll have bought the Thule. I’d say, if you have the money, bite the bullet and go for it.
Then come on here for some therapy and support from kindred spirits. ;)

Back