Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Nice! Do you know if the ooni will run on LPG only or can it run on Butane?

It's only designed to work with Propane, not Butane. I need to find a smaller tank - the smallest I could get from my local garage is still huge! But doesn't seem like we're going to be able to take it out and about any time soon, so it's fine to keep us entertained in the garden for the time being!

It's only designed to work with Propane, not Butane. I need to find a smaller tank - the smallest I could get from my local garage is still huge! But doesn't seem like we're going to be able to take it out and about any time soon, so it's fine to keep us entertained in the garden for the time being!
That's a shame as would save carrying another cylinder around. We have had a Roccbox for a few years and it's way to big and heavy to take away with us and will only run on LPG or wood, which would take up loads more space.
Hadn't seen the new ooni's since they were called uuni and were wood pellet fired only.
The one you have looks great though!
Once you have started making your own dough and cooking your own pizzas in a decent pizza oven you never end up getting a domino's again.

Definitely! I have a proper brick wood-fired oven at home and am so impressed with this little thing. Obviously doesn't quite compare with the primaeval pleasure of using wood, but runs circles around it for convenience. It was ready in 15 minutes and cooked pizzas in under a minute. And you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference in taste.

Brodit Active charger holder for the iPhone, along with a T5 Brodit holder.
Holder is adjustable too, so I can use iPhone with case.
All looks very good & solid.
Hardwired as Sony head unit has CarPlay, but needs to be wired.

A bit more expensive than the air vent jobs, but pleased with how it feels/looks.

IMG_1424.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

Not today, but just before the quarantine started. 4 steel wheels for my T6 4MO in preparation for Norway in December. Currently I have Davenports. I think I will need new wheel bolts. Is someone able to guide me to the size of the wheel bolts for the steels please?

May just give it a coat of paint to get the blemishes out.

Wheels.jpg Wheels2.jpg

Lockdown project.
After installing an RNS510 last month I've gone and purchased from eBay a vag bluetooth module (5N0 035 730 D) from a 2011 Skoda superb and associated cables. With the hit and miss postal service at present it might not be installed for another couple of weeks.

Looking forward to running that microphone cable around the top of the windscreen to the interior light cluster .. I'm sure YouTube will save me.. again..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here's a link to my installation thread.
please note, my first attempt included wrongly wiring through the roof drain outlet and was ammended. :oops::headbang
The van that I recently bought (and can't use) has one of these. It was offered as a USP, but my first reaction like a lot of others was "what about the mozzies?" The most irritating thing about it is the 12V plug which fits into the boot socket and when not in use just lies on the floor and gets in the way of anything that you want to load. The picture is of my temporary solution; thank you very much for some sensible wiring information, now all I have to do is trade my mechanical skills for my friend's electrical skills when we are released.P4070089.JPG

Front rubber mats, cheap and cheerful, but quite a good fit and will protect the carpet.View attachment 57127
@Vagophile , that is an interesting patterned mat. I was staying away from the rubber mats as the thick ones had ribbed rubber and it was not easy to move your feet around. This looks much more flat. Are you able to share more details on from where etc please?

Thanks

@Vagophile , that is an interesting patterned mat. I was staying away from the rubber mats as the thick ones had ribbed rubber and it was not easy to move your feet around. This looks much more flat. Are you able to share more details on from where etc please?

Thanks

From Ebay: Carsio Rubber Tailored Floor mats for VW Transporter Van T5&T6 £12.82, free delivery, seller radioworld-online-uk. Tel 01132 578932.

Hi Bryan, did the instructions include connecting to the rear reading light or was that something you worked out for yourself?
There are images in the instructions explaining how it can be done. The instructions are provided by Campervantastic themselves so are tailored to the Cali. I hear they are really helpful on the phone too. If you need any pics from my end let me know.

There are images in the instructions explaining how it can be done. The instructions are provided by Campervantastic themselves so are tailored to the Cali. I hear they are really helpful on the phone too. If you need any pics from my end let me know.
Thanks Bryan, photos would be really helpful

Spent the day on the Cali. 3 items. First is shown in the picture. Had these in the garage for 8 months and only finally got around to changing them. Brembo pads / genuine VW discs. Parts all in about £150 inc caliper carrier bolts. (Pads were about 70% worn circa 16k miles)

IMG_20200411_163803.jpg
The second was a bugger to install. No space. 2 pipes / 4 bolts / and two connectors. Enough said about that. But it overcomes the Type C cooler issue for the time being.

The last was awing holder clips. Nice and easy.

Cali needs a clean!

Spent the day on the Cali. 3 items. First is shown in the picture. Had these in the garage for 8 months and only finally got around to changing them. Brembo pads / genuine VW discs. Parts all in about £150 inc caliper carrier bolts. (Pads were about 70% worn circa 16k miles)

View attachment 57339
The second was a bugger to install. No space. 2 pipes / 4 bolts / and two connectors. Enough said about that. But it overcomes the Type C cooler issue for the time being.

The last was awing holder clips. Nice and easy.

Cali needs a clean!
It's so sad that it's come to this. As I said on another post, I wish VW loved our vans as much as we all do.

Decals for the van, courtesy of Daniel at Beatnik Decals. Growing up as a water boy I kind of felt the need to pimp along those lines.....
I know it just looks like an wannabe Edition now, but I think it is subtle and I like it
To paraphrase @kempy000,”Summer mode activated” - just waiting to be able to get out to enjoy it :)6C2898F5-9ECF-4DA2-9687-B42BE67E39AE.jpeg5C797FAD-E4EB-466A-A831-FF341296BCA4.jpeg

Last edited:
Not bought, but fitted today. Even managed to tap into 12v system rather than socket. Happy Bunny!!View attachment 56414

Looks superb, but does it also live up to expectation in terms of flood-lighting the whole area in front of the sliding door, or is the light directed mostly downward? After my failed attempt at buying a magnetic floodlight and wrap-around screen cover (see my earlier post :headbang), I really like the idea of this for being able to cook outside in the dark without needing a head torch. Appreciate you may not have tried it in anger yet...!

Not bought today but this afternoon I spent about three minutes refitting the lower grille trim strips today which I have colour coded to the cherry red of our van. I reckon they look alright. Thoughts? (Do posher Calis come with this trim already colour coded or in chrome?) I’m doing the same for an aftermarket protective bumper strip that will go on the back as didn’t fancy it in black or chrome/steel.

26b6225e59b1fe620ee89b84ab6e7e50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back