Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Hi all,
certainly not the most important thing during these times:
Original Skoda lid funnel for windscreen-washer reservoir: Nr: 6V0955485-000096706
Fits perfect to our Calis!
"Support your local Skoda dealer"
Greetings from the border of the Baltic SeaWassereinfüllstutzen_1.JPGWassereinfüllstutzen_2.JPG
Axel

Treated myself to these to drop the van “slightly”

fa1d0c24f8ad2829f76c2bda1a462be3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought over the past few weeks - 3 x 256Gb SD card/USB sticks to put all my mp4'd DVDs onto to play on the portable TV in the Cali. However, once the card/stick gets past about 28Gb, the video files get corrupted. Thought it was the shoddy quality of the cheap eBay SD card initially, hence I bought the second small USB...which did the same...so swallowed pride and paid a bit more for a well-reviewed one on Amazon....and that's doing the same! Tried formatting and copying with Win10, an iMac, copying in different a order etc, but always the same result. Any ideas anyone??

IMG_5907.jpg

Unless you are buying proper brands then these might be knock-offs. The FAT tables can be manipulated to make it look like it has more storage than it actually has. eBay and Amazon is rife with counterfeit goods.

Unless you are buying proper brands then these might be knock-offs. The FAT tables can be manipulated to make it look like it has more storage than it actually has. eBay and Amazon is rife with counterfeit goods.

That’s what I thought. Serves me right for just not buying a decent brand in the first place. Just seems odd that it copies files onto it, up to the declared capacity , but just corrupts the video files. You live and learn...and then learn again in my case

Bought over the past few weeks - 3 x 256Gb SD card/USB sticks to put all my mp4'd DVDs onto to play on the portable TV in the Cali. However, once the card/stick gets past about 28Gb, the video files get corrupted. Thought it was the shoddy quality of the cheap eBay SD card initially, hence I bought the second small USB...which did the same...so swallowed pride and paid a bit more for a well-reviewed one on Amazon....and that's doing the same! Tried formatting and copying with Win10, an iMac, copying in different a order etc, but always the same result. Any ideas anyone??

View attachment 57671

Check how you are formatting them, FAT32 sometimes has a max partition size of 32GB and a max file size of 4GB, Try formatting with NTFS

Last edited:
May depend on what files you are copying and how they are formatted, most are formatted as FAT32 by default which has a max file size of 4GB

Thanks - but I’ve tried FAT32 and ExFAT, but all the files (mp4) are less than 2GB, so rules that one out! Cheers

Check how you are formatting them, FAT32 sometimes has a max partition size of 32GB and a max file size of 4GB, Try formatting with NTFS

I also tried NFTS, but the TV didn’t seem to recognise that. Will give it another shot tomorrow though, thanks.

Can we move on now please, let’s discuss the goat I’m thinking of buying for milk... ;)
Goat milk? I know I don't really like the taste of goat cheese. Too heavy.
Why don't you get a sheep or 2 (male and female). Makes some tasty lamb crown! :D
And softer cheese.
1587294430130.png

View attachment 57671
It will be to do with the formatting as soon as you get past or near to 32gb ...More here but i had the same problem when I bought an upgraded sd card for my RC radio transmitter's memory functions -https://www.diskpart.com/articles/format-128gb-sd-card-to-fat32-3889..html

Have seen better links / explanations in the past but struggling to find them. Be careful also of what you download. Ah better explanation here - different sized cards use different formats and this can cause compatibility problems
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2520/~/sd/sdhc/sdxc-specifications-and-compatibility

Last edited:
Can we move on now please, let’s discuss the goat I’m thinking of buying for milk... ;)
In the '50s an aunt of mine had a goat for milking. Not some urban fashion statement, a genuine need for the milk it supplied. I was often recruited to milk it. It was one of the smelliest animals imaginable and also objected to being milked, so always tried to kick the milking bucket over.
While you're at it, why not go for a pig and rabbits? Both make for friendly pets and provide very tasty meat in due course.

Last edited:
It will be to do with the formatting as soon as you get past or near to 32gb ...More here but i had the same problem when I bought an upgraded sd card for my RC radio transmitter's memory functions -https://www.diskpart.com/articles/format-128gb-sd-card-to-fat32-3889..html

Have seen better links / explanations in the past but struggling to find them. Be careful also of what you download. Ah better explanation here - different sized cards use different formats and this can cause compatibility problems
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2520/~/sd/sdhc/sdxc-specifications-and-compatibility

Thanks very much, and to @willwander , @Soton Campers and @kurienp. I've now tried FAT32, exFAT and NTFS (again), but all with the same result. The (various) disk utility programmes see a single partition of 256Gb, with no disk errors, but once filled to around ~28GB capacity the video files get corrupted (but, oddly, every other type of file that I've tried seems to be fine). I've just tried copying the same files using the same mechanism onto a decent Samsung 64GB SDXC card (formatted exFAT) from my GoPro and, low and behold, they all copy across perfectly fine...and at about 3 times the speed!! So I guess it is a case of "buy cheap, by twice". Or 4 times, in my case....

Anyway, I was beginning to feel guilty that my post had taken this thread off on a tangent. But then we started talking about goats...:veryfunny

Hopefully these will be ‘all rounders’ Plastic glasses which seem a good shape for Wine, G&Ts and soft drinks. Maybe a beer or two as well. Couple of quid each plus delivery. IMG_2014.jpg

Techncally not today but I bought and fitted one of these for my android headunit, which enables CarPlay which is a better implementation than native headunit software IMHO

Step mats and spare safe, both ordered from the club shop turned up today. Can anyone with step mats let me know if they fitted them using the double sided tape on the back of the mats or used Velcro to allow them to be more easily removed for cleaning?

Step mats and spare safe, both ordered from the club shop turned up today. Can anyone with step mats let me know if they fitted them using the double sided tape on the back of the mats or used Velcro to allow them to be more easily removed for cleaning?
I used the tape supplied. Removed the mats for the first time about a year later and didn’t refit. I haven’t got rid of the residue from the tape yet.

Back