Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Anywhere where you have space is fine. I think it’s very “clunky” and Would take up valuable space. The lid has a glass circle (which is great for viewing your food) but if it breaks the whole lid unit, including the handle and electrics, has to be replaced. Obviously, you need electric to use it. The small one is 400 watts and I don’t know enough about that to know if you could run it in the van without being on EHU.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a fantastic bit of kit and we use ours regularly at home, just not for the confined space of the van. I’m sure they’ll be some who disagree. It will be interesting to read what others think, either way.

If you want to bake or roast I think the Omnia oven would be a better option as you use it on a hob, or over other heat sources, and it’s lightweight and small for packing/travelling. Although I’ve just researched and disregarded that idea For inside the van as I don’t want something sat on the gas hob for 30/40 minutes or more.

For me, I’ll just stick to my Cobb and cook outdoors, used in conjunction with my kellie kettle and Trangia spirit burner (The Cobb becomes the base for them) it gives me lots of options and they earn their place in the van due to their versatility.
I got a Remoska at Christmas and took it away this week to try.
I made a delicious red Thai curry whoch was to last more than one night so I put it in my shelter overnight....very stupidly, I hadn’t used rock pegs despite gale force winds being forecast....I woke to find the shelter upturned with the contents of the remoska no longer in the remoska! I headed home by which time, I’d had enough of the smell of red Thai curry! I’m not sure if the shelter will see another trip!
however, the curry was delicious and it was fun to cook, and eat!

its a bulky bit of kit and needs a hookup.

Has anyone tried thermal cooking?

Decathlon tent to play in the garden or maybe to go with our van. We'll see! And sorted out some bottles from the back, cleaned up and get ready for the winterreadyservice @AMAG next Wednesday.
Well the wine is just gone.
1575d3706d3fa9ea4ff0971a65a64496.jpg

538c6a1e522e0c5f978f88b5420bfe94.jpg

I got a Remoska at Christmas and took it away this week to try.
I made a delicious red Thai curry whoch was to last more than one night so I put it in my shelter overnight....very stupidly, I hadn’t used rock pegs despite gale force winds being forecast....I woke to find the shelter upturned with the contents of the remoska no longer in the remoska! I headed home by which time, I’d had enough of the smell of red Thai curry! I’m not sure if the shelter will see another trip!
however, the curry was delicious and it was fun to cook, and eat!

its a bulky bit of kit and needs a hookup.

Has anyone tried thermal cooking?
Yes but only started at home and then transported in the van and eaten. There will be posts in the thread “cooking in your Cali”. A member called @Borris has one, I’m sure.

My 12 year old daughter has created these cool abstract designs and is selling them online to earn pocket money.

I’ve ordered these cushions for the downstairs of the van.

30776AE5-E49E-46F8-9407-F67CC4178E96.jpeg

My 12 year old daughter has created these cool abstract designs and is selling them online to earn pocket money.

I’ve ordered these cushions for the downstairs of the van.

View attachment 66205

This is her other design. Great way to personalise the van. 0CFB61CF-85E5-409F-8408-14DA12628BDF.jpeg

Is there a Coronaversion coming as well? :)
I was slightly concerned with the product naming. One way of dealing with lockdown and 6 months away from school I guess

Bought this nice little LED camping light (coke can for size reference). It has a clip underneath to hang it up.

Output either white light (2 brightness settings) or red light. USB charge, or even hand turn, 1 min turning = 4 minutes light.

£11.99 from Decathlon.

02428627-ACAF-4B98-8FB5-00D6FB030CF1.jpeg

F809CE82-F0FD-4037-8877-FC1E6DE87FFC.jpeg

So exciting (ok, a couple of glasses of wine later...!), just had a micro fibre flannel delivered!
I have just been demonstrating, to a non-campervanner, the art of showering with a microfibre towel, finished off with a microfibre ‘flannel’!
i realised on my last trip that my traditional flannel used to towel down, remained wet ....a microfibre flannel is the answer....and this one is so soft! It’s so very cute!
C8155999-15FA-4694-8F7D-14AB3F4ACC4D.jpeg61214F43-C081-4F13-AEC2-429089030A61.jpeg

So exciting (ok, a couple of glasses of wine later...!), just had a micro fibre flannel delivered!
I have just been demonstrating, to a non-campervanner, the art of showering with a microfibre towel, finished off with a microfibre ‘flannel’!
i realised on my last trip that my traditional flannel used to towel down, remained wet ....a microfibre flannel is the answer....and this one is so soft! It’s so very cute!
View attachment 66299View attachment 66300
Looks great. Where did you buy it please?

'WHAT HAVE YOU BOUGHT FOR YOUR CALI TODAY'

A Thetford 365 portable toilet. Not something we've ever wanted but what with Covid and all the regulations and restrictions at camp sites these days, we've come round to thinking that being self contained might be "the way to go".

'WHAT HAVE YOU BOUGHT FOR YOUR CALI TODAY'

A Thetford 365 portable toilet. Not something we've ever wanted but what with Covid and all the regulations and restrictions at camp sites these days, we've come round to thinking that being self contained might be "the way to go".
I had a right big dump in one of those a couple of week ago at hayfield because all the toilets there apparently had covid. Anyway believe me sorting that out was not pleasant. Good luck

Bought this nice little LED camping light (coke can for size reference). It has a clip underneath to hang it up.

Output either white light (2 brightness settings) or red light. USB charge, or even hand turn, 1 min turning = 4 minutes light.

£11.99 from Decathlon.

View attachment 66262

View attachment 66263
Word of caution. Don’t have it on red hanging under the awning with the Inflatable pink flamingo and a pot of pampas grass outside the sliding door. Unless of course you’re up for some REALLY wild camping. o_O:eek:o_O

£11.99 from Decathlon.

View attachment 66262

View attachment 66263
Like the look of this. How easy is the hand turn to charge and is it very noisy?

Back