Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

'WHAT HAVE YOU BOUGHT FOR YOUR CALI TODAY'

A Thetford 365 portable toilet. Not something we've ever wanted but what with Covid and all the regulations and restrictions at camp sites these days, we've come round to thinking that being self contained might be "the way to go".
So you never thought you’d turn to the dark side, Borris. Happens to us all eventually!!

Word of caution. Don’t have it on red hanging under the awning with the Inflatable pink flamingo and a pot of pampas grass outside the sliding door. Unless of course you’re up for some REALLY wild camping. o_O:eek:o_O
Remember, no more than six.

So you never thought you’d turn to the dark side, Borris. Happens to us all eventually!!
A porta lav in a van is something I've always avoided but needs must I suppose. Regarding emptying I have a cunning plan:
Said toilet cost £95 including postage and packing. We'll use it until it's full then sell it as a job lot for £94.50. :thumb

I had a right big dump in one of those a couple of week ago at hayfield because all the toilets there apparently had covid. Anyway believe me sorting that out was not pleasant. Good luck
I've always regarded these things as the work of the devil so I'm not looking forward to the emptying aspect at all. We did have one in our first Cali for dire emergencies only. We sold that one unused, mint and boxed. But things have changed in the last six months and this one will get used I'm sure.

Rear sliding tray from Calicap. It’s the 710mm deep version that fits the 6.1 with lounge bed. I like the fact it’s full width and they fit a non slip liner.37ED43BE-342A-4551-A70F-AB1FA07E4AB3.png

We have a Sunset and Savannah, great chairs. Just purchased two Helinox air and foam headrest which are also very good.
Are they the sort of chairs you can really lounge on and have a doze? The VW ones are far too upright for me and our really comfy camping chairs take up so much room. Be grateful to know what you think.

I've always regarded these things as the work of the devil so I'm not looking forward to the emptying aspect at all. We did have one in our first Cali for dire emergencies only. We sold that one unused, mint and boxed. But things have changed in the last six months and this one will get used I'm sure.
Emptying is easy peasy, it's one of those jobs where you have to just bite the bullet and just get on with.

Emptying is easy peasy, it's one of those jobs where you have to just bite the bullet and just get on with.

With suitable care, you can do this without splashes and without contact with any of the "material".
Bad smells can be eliminated by using appropriate chemicals (e.g. Thetford Aquachem (other brands are available)).
Best results are achieved by emptying long before the "full" sign comes on.

Bought this nice little LED camping light (coke can for size reference). It has a clip underneath to hang it up.

Output either white light (2 brightness settings) or red light. USB charge, or even hand turn, 1 min turning = 4 minutes light.

£11.99 from Decathlon.

View attachment 66262

View attachment 66263

Nice. Does it have magnets underneath so you can go all Starsky and Hutch if the need arises?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Does it have magnets underneath so you can go all Starsky and Hutch if the need arises?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, unfortunately not. It does however have a plastic clip to hang it, e.g. in the awning

For the beach as in seaside or as in Cali? :D Edited: seems you have a Coast. Like the look of those but too low me.
I thought there is no way I could get out of one of those, I would need to crawl forward:cool:

I thought there is no way I could get out of one of those, I would need to crawl forward:cool:
Well, I have small legs ...not that small, but the Helinox seemed too high seated for me. Lucky my knees are still in good condition ;)

Well, I have small legs ...not that small, but the Helinox seemed too high seated for me. Lucky my knees are still in good condition ;)
My knees are good it's my back that would cause me issues after doing something daft 20 years ago.:thumb

New Starter Battery, 6 yrs old and almost 100,000 miles, and daily driver.
Which battery did you buy?
Mine seems to be ready for changing. I am looking on the Tayna website ATM. I have this one in at the moment.
Seems like it may be a Varta F21 will do the job.

20200918_123234.jpg

Last edited:
4CACA4C4-1C6F-4D69-A344-AA65D8367B57.jpeg

A bit pricier than the usual ziplock plastic bag but hopefully a bit more sturdy for those inevitable swims whilst messing about on the water ⛵

The sliding tray I bought from Calicap.de arrived today. 710mm deep and full width to fit the T6.1 with lounge function bed. It’s a great bit of engineering and I can’t wait to fit it (once my Ocean arrives).5CB9D290-427E-4B6F-9C63-5DB74DC93CD8.jpeg

Back