Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

What is the purpose of the seal fir windscreen/ dashboard please

To stop small items being lost in the gap between the dash and the windscreen.
This seems like a completely logical update, my only concern is why is the gap there is the first place - is it for ventilation or something?

This seems like a completely logical update, my only concern is why is the gap there is the first place - is it for ventilation or something?

I’ve spent many hours pondering this subject, and haven’t been able to work out the gap’s purpose.

Ease of changing the entire windscreen or a safety buffer in the event of a windscreen impact (less likely for a shattered windscreen to implode) are the only vaguely plausible explanations I have been able to think of.

What seems clear is there must be some rational explanation.

IMO
The windscreen is fitted after the dash,
there needs to be a gap to allow for manufacturing tolerances
ventilation is from purpose designed slots that are not associated with the gap.
the gap serves no useful or intended purpose.

MIND THE GAP !

IMO
The windscreen is fitted after the dash,
there needs to be a gap to allow for manufacturing tolerances
ventilation is from purpose designed slots that are not associated with the gap.

MIND THE GAP !
Its designed to be a black hole, or maybe it’s for condensation to runaway down.:talktothehand:bananadance2

I’ve spent many hours pondering this subject, and haven’t been able to work out the gap’s purpose.
My front internal screen blind has a soft roll along the bottom edge that tucks perfectly into the gap. Thus it is kept taught and prevented from sagging. As far as I am aware, the blind is a VW original, so maybe it's by design?

My front internal screen blind has a soft roll along the bottom edge that tucks perfectly into the gap. Thus it is kept taught and prevented from sagging. As far as I am aware, the blind is a VW original, so maybe it's by design?

Yes- it does have that purpose, but I struggle to believe they design the gap around the curtain not the curtain around the gap if you understand what I mean.

We could experiment by lobbing watermelons at two California windscreens, one with something rigid in the gap, and see if one is more likely to bounce the giant berry and if one is more likely to let the fruit crash through.

Has any one asked?
Where is this useful gap-seal from?
Or what is it made or adapted from?
TIA. Db.

"D" section door seal
Mine isn't a D shape, this is what I have ---

Cheap supplier

Last edited:
Grabbed a bargain on Amazon.de on one of their 24hr promos.
Been using it to power my Epson EF12 projector and charge the laptop. Plenty of power to cover my needs the entire day. I'll get a portable 160-200W solar panel and charge the leisure batteries when off grid too.

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 8.02.16 PM.png

Saphe Drive Mini. My Snooper Lynx is no longer supported so I have ditched it and gone for one of these. Time will tell whether it’s any good. Very small unit and no wiring required.

922E6814-58CD-432E-A2B4-067036EB9B08.jpeg

are these thhe 37.99 ones on ebay??
Not quite. £33.45 inc postage. Ordered on the 27 Dec and arrived today. Literally less than 5 mins to fit. Very happy with the product and the seller.

A Morocco milk frother.
I make my morning coffee or tea from it - heats to 70c so I also use it to warm some water for personal hygiene/hair washing as well as washing up.
Incredibly versatile;
First setting heats to 70c and creates a froth thick enough to make a snowman.
Second setting heats to 70c and creates a lighter froth
Third setting gently stirs it and heats to 70c without frothing
Forth setting is medium froth but no heating - suitable for amazing milkshakes and I also use it to self-clean the unit with plain water and I just wipe it afterwards.
Surface is non-stick and the unit is almost silent in operation. Has excellent rubber feet for the glass kitchen top, really well balanced and easy to use and clean.
Super small and runs at 400W so a perfect companion to my EcoFlow River Pro.
Juice bottle is a 1.35L Innocent Tropical for scale reference.
Mirocco Milk Frother: £30
EcoFlow River Pro: £700
Innocent 1.35L Juice: £1.29 :)
4c590bff3417e3b0d8fe24000bd63d8b.jpg
478f92196eaad5d8e53f2bb297f2969d.jpg
1cc6fa3601c64e870629399665325c42.jpg
47c6008f5c93dcd13dcf8cc7b318f7c3.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Not new but repurposed from an overlander, let’s me kee an eye on pressures when the weather changes as well as giving an alert if pressure drops.

B25DB8CF-09E0-4469-A82B-95C88667DEA2.jpeg

Back