Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Ooo9
A Campingaz party grill 400cv (similar to Cadac safari chef). So versatile and easy to clean. Superb, highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if you feel the need, the Cadac 35cm pizza stone sits nicely on top of the Campingaz grill 400 (we use the heat diffusion plate to cover the flame and then put the dome lid on top). When up to temperature, put on low flame then you can cook a pizza from scratch, or heat through a bought one (flour or semolina on the stone first). Great results ! :thumb

Last edited:
Bought a pair of Panda pillows yesterday. They are a perfect fit side by side on the downstairs bed in the Cali as very slightly narrower than a standard pillow. Bought ours in Costco for £25 each as opposed to £44 each on the Panda website.

Now we just need a new mattress and all will be good for a nights sleep in comfort I hope!

8F499317-F677-40EC-938A-17869CA6B210.jpeg

A new MOT this morning. The chap commented how good it all is underneath, which was nice.

Please share how you get on as we are looking for an alternative to what we currently use.
very comfortable. And £84 for two got them cut 60X190X3 cm they can cut any thickness. Thought the 5cm might take up to much room.

+1 for Lucie solar string lights (white version has three brightness settings, unlike the colour changing ones which don’t)
Have you used the lights yet?
I used them our first night ok but the second night I was hoping the very bright sunshine would have charged them but they appeared almost dead. I wondered if there was something I should have pressed to put them in 'solar charge mode'?
There weren't much instructions with them.

very comfortable. And £84 for two got them cut 60X190X3 cm they can cut any thickness. Thought the 5cm might take up to much room.
Thank you! Glad they’ve worked out for you.

Have you used the lights yet?
I used them our first night ok but the second night I was hoping the very bright sunshine would have charged them but they appeared almost dead. I wondered if there was something I should have pressed to put them in 'solar charge mode'?
There weren't much instructions with them.
I charged mine initially from the USB cable, I have used then on several trips now, no issues with solar charge through the day to give a full charge at night I hang mine pointing in full sun from when I get up in the morning.

make sure they are switched off completely, there is a small torch light on the casing that can be inadvertently left on when the string light are switched off.
there is no button to press, just turn off, point at the sun

try charging via a wall socket and USB to ensure the Bat is maxed.

there is a button next to the power button, press and hold it, then look at the 4 LEDs on the casing, all four lit = full charge, less lit less charge etc.

Last edited:
I charged mine initially from the USB cable, I have used then on several trips now, no issues with solar charge through the day to give a full charge at night I hang mine pointing in full sun from when I get up in the morning.

make sure they are switched off completely, there is a small torch light on the casing that can be inadvertently left on when the string light are switched off.
there is no button to press, just turn off, point at the sun

try charging via a wall socket and USB to ensure the Bat is maxed.

there is a button next to the power button, press and hold it, then look at the 4 LEDs on the casing, all four lit = full charge, less lit less charge etc.
I think I left them on all night on night 1, and so never actually turned them off. I presume/hope thats why they didn't charge. They were on the top of the awning all day in full sun.

Have you got a link to the net that you purchased? Thanks :)
If you’re thinking of going to Scotland check the mesh size because midges are much smaller than mossies and can get through mosquito nets.

Millets, go out doors, blacks, (all the same company) ebay,, Amazon

google search throws up loads of stockists ranging from £36 +
I did Duck Go Go. There wasn’t anything obvious. So thought I’d ask ;-)

We just use car shampoo and then rinse it off.

(Although if you followed advice given for Home solar panels, they say to only use deionized water, as some cleaning products can leave a residue that might attract dirt.)
@Roger Donoghue from camper Solar solutions told us to just use a damp cloth. I use something like this with a telescopic handle and a microfibre (washable/reusable) cloth that velcros on. It fits great in the back of the van and cleans/dries the roll out awning too.

Personally I wouldn’t bother with fancy water. Think of the polluted rain that hammers down on them if you live in an urban location or drive on busy roads.

I bought a new airco-pump and 2 new leisure batteries.
The pump was broken, and the batteries were still the originals from 2006 - which is already a miracle.

I would totally disagree with the Remoska being on the list. As an alternative cooker it's fabulous and I have the grand version now at home in the kitchen (previously had the regualr size too).

The element is in the lid and of course it gets incredibly hot (as does the base pan that it sits on). So all incredibly hot (albeit on a stand but underneath gets stonking hot too so I suggest a board underneath). When you've finished cooking the hot lid comes off and has to be left to cool. I know some people do take these camping but if you're clumsy, a disorganised cook or have kids or dogs, it's a distater waiting to happen if you use it inside the van. If on the other hand you use one successfully it'll work like an oven so you can bake/roast anything that'll fit (the baked spuds and toad in the hole come out particularly well).
Elly, do you think it saves on electricity when used at home.Can you use it in the van when power comes from solar and not EHU

Back