Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Pagid discs & pads all round, from Halfords

much cheaper than Euro car parts and an extra 10% off using code: DIY10 on line.

rear discs (standard size on all T6 transporters) are £22 each !

No brainier !

Thats where you (and many others ) are wrong ....Tom just has proven that hooking-up is essential.
Everyone can perfect do without hook-up lead / hooking up at sites IF you drive every day or each two days .
But the batterys need to be charged on 220v for a 24h cyclus once in a while (each month would be ideal)
Driving/alternator does not complete this cyclus even if you drive 1000km a day .
You will do fine without hooking it up but it does bring down the lifetime of the battery.(Tom has proven this even having a solar panel )
If Tom had a hook-up lead when he took of at the start of his trip and he plugged it in each time when he was at a site that provided hook-up in the price (witch many sites do) he had not flattend his batterys , i think two times now .
The price of the lead could saved him the trouble he had when his batterys where dead , and saved him buying a new battery for his Cali after only one year(witch he probally wil need now to be sure ) , and using a 220v kettle a shorter wait for his tea in the morning:D
Fully flatten a battery is never good and again shortens the lifetime everytime you fully flatten it.
Even with solarpanels the batterys need to be topped-up on hook-up to keep them in the best posible condition.
Everyone uses his Cali he think is best , but some things need serious concideration and charging the batterys on 220v is a essential thing to do.

So back ON topic , what do you all need to buy for your Cali today (if you do not allready have it ) .....a hook-up cable like Tom just did.
;)
On the 6.1 it has an option ‘charge battery to full’ on the
Thats where you (and many others ) are wrong ....Tom just has proven that hooking-up is essential.
Everyone can perfect do without hook-up lead / hooking up at sites IF you drive every day or each two days .
But the batterys need to be charged on 220v for a 24h cyclus once in a while (each month would be ideal)
Driving/alternator does not complete this cyclus even if you drive 1000km a day .
You will do fine without hooking it up but it does bring down the lifetime of the battery.(Tom has proven this even having a solar panel )
If Tom had a hook-up lead when he took of at the start of his trip and he plugged it in each time when he was at a site that provided hook-up in the price (witch many sites do) he had not flattend his batterys , i think two times now .
The price of the lead could saved him the trouble he had when his batterys where dead , and saved him buying a new battery for his Cali after only one year(witch he probally wil need now to be sure ) , and using a 220v kettle a shorter wait for his tea in the morning:D
Fully flatten a battery is never good and again shortens the lifetime everytime you fully flatten it.
Even with solarpanels the batterys need to be topped-up on hook-up to keep them in the best posible condition.
Everyone uses his Cali he think is best , but some things need serious concideration and charging the batterys on 220v is a essential thing to do.

So back ON topic , what do you all need to buy for your Cali today (if you do not allready have it ) .....a hook-up cable like Tom just did.
;)
On the 6.1 it has an option on the onboard computer that say ‘charge battery’s to full’ I guess using that option every once in a while might help?

(Not that I need it cause he’s almost always on hookup at home)

On the 6.1 it has an option ‘charge battery to full’ on the

On the 6.1 it has an option on the onboard computer that say ‘charge battery’s to full’ I guess using that option every once in a while might help?

(Not that I need it cause he’s almost always on hookup at home)
These things were written before the introduction of the T6.1...

Visited the club shop today to pick up a few bits including the drawer unit.
Shout out to the shop for great service, thank you.

View attachment 108705
I have been looking at these for a while, but they have been out of stock. I had an email in the morning from the shop to say they were back in stock. By lunchtime they had all gone! Apparantly 10 sets came in but most (if not all) had been pre-ordered sonwent straight out. Lesson learned, pre-order now placed and hopefully will get a set from the next batch.

I have been looking at these for a while, but they have been out of stock. I had an email in the morning from the shop to say they were back in stock. By lunchtime they had all gone! Apparantly 10 sets came in but most (if not all) had been pre-ordered sonwent straight out. Lesson learned, pre-order now placed and hopefully will get a set from the next batch.
Yes mine was on pre order. Really pleased with it, I‘m sure you will be when you eventually get it.

The spending stops now…….I don’t think I want anything else……Not on the attached pictures is the awning room that got delivered today but was too windy to fit . I’ll put some pictures up when I fit it

B740E549-A038-443F-8D8E-B58481B3439B.jpeg

4F8F8C89-F0F7-4040-B907-AAD17B977A31.jpeg

58B74D7E-F3D1-4BE1-B2E4-39CE240555F2.jpeg

B0D7846E-87CF-4C84-BA57-100FE3A1E0F0.jpeg

52545A78-6C05-40AD-84C4-3DB6DC05C2FC.jpeg

After some years traveling with other types of awning tents we finally took the plunge to order a complete set at Calicap. It is not the cheapest solution but if really fits the Cali we think.
Sand beige colour as our Cali is Mojave Beige. Tried it and fitting is superb! Setup and break-up takes no more than 5-10 minutes!
057b6233-a93a-4a29-b3a9-3e092981d631.jpg057b6233-a93a-4a29-b3a9-3e092981d631.jpg

After some years traveling with other types of awning tents we finally took the plunge to order a complete set at Calicap. It is not the cheapest solution but if really fits the Cali we think.
Sand beige colour as our Cali is Mojave Beige. Tried it and fitting is superb! Setup and break-up takes no more than 5-10 minutes!
View attachment 108793View attachment 108793
Hi, can you provide a web link please for where you got this from please? We were thinking of getting the comfortz awning room but this seems good as well.

Yes mine was on pre order. Really pleased with it, I‘m sure you will be when you eventually get it.
Hi. May I ask how deep are the drawers - as in what height object can you fit in the drawer? I’ve not seen them “live” so trying to decide whether to give them a go.
TIA @BeagleMum

Bought these recently after staying in a chalet in France where these were provided, they were warm & comfortable.
bought these with the intention of ditching the Sleeping bags.
(IMO sleeping bags too hot and take up too much room, are a Faff onsite and when packing up and slide everywhere when not in use or packed in their stuff sack).

they come in various colours (& prices for different colours)

they arrive in vacuum pack plastic bags, (not reusable) a bit of fluffing up required to make them less flat.

initial test: warm enough for pop top in about 5deg C overnight, soft and comfortable.
store nicely on the Multiflex / mattress and take up very little room. They would fit nicely on the rear seat or as a throw when not being used.

available in various sizes both individually at about £20 or as multi pack of four £40 ! (much cheaper as multi pack, various prices on Amazon for the same item! )

yet to wash them, although the ones we used In France were washed after every use and still looked good and we’re nice to sleep under.

299C4041-728E-4B22-9964-DF52F299DB10.jpeg

Hi. May I ask how deep are the drawers - as in what height object can you fit in the drawer? I’ve not seen them “live” so trying to decide whether to give them a go.
TIA @BeagleMum
Family here at the mo will check measurement for you tonight, you can stand a mug upright.

So I got to fit the awning room today. Easy to fit and easy to pack away. Totally recommend it. I only did a quick fit as there were loads of people around and I didn’t want anyone to think I Was camping there so excuse my rushed job. It’ll look much better when I fit it next week

8DCA60C7-C8BF-4FDF-9E71-DF3E3FA61CE6.jpeg

5E59BCBD-6524-43F7-BCEB-A551A4AE8011.jpeg

00E5C8E3-E375-46B3-B300-A1494D461AC5.jpeg

27F8129E-FEF9-4EE1-B104-203E84560369.jpeg

BE0704E8-03D6-4FBC-A362-84301814186F.jpeg

7DF5928D-5CCB-4E67-9397-98A3177054D5.jpeg

View attachment 108793View attachment 108793
Hi, do you have a link to this please, was thinking about a Comfortz awning room but this also looks good?

Silcone mats from Ikea. Have been trying to get some more for a long time but were discontinued for a while; back in a store near you now though, £3 a pop. Probably the single most useful - and most used - thing we’ve bought. Pot stand, non slip mat, stops all kinds of rattles, sits between the pans, under the mugs, protects the glass tops, table mat, oven glove - you get the idea.

image.jpg

Comfortz, I got them from the Campervanbits shop on here. On sale at the moment at £399

Back