Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Is the rear hinge door also different? I see the 50 Nord boxes have a little cut out for the hinge on the T6 version, but the 6.1 seem to be more rectangular.
Because the sliding door on the T6.1 dissapears completely, the boxes dont need to be curved and therefore can 'slot' in, rather than 'twist' in; on the T6, the tambour door still protrudes, reducing the opening. If that makes sense?

I think the best thing about the boxes is the fact they're bespoke to the Cali and make use of the space in the best way. But it's the 80:20 rule. You can get 80% of the function, for 20% of the cost. But squeezing that remaining 20% of space that these give over and above will cost you an 80%. (figuratively speaking)

If you want to really make every inch of space count, they're a good choice. But arguably, being tidy to begin should be the first thing to look at.
There is that.
Owning a Cali is seems be much like buying top end hi-fi in that you need to put 10% of your budget to towards decent cables to make it work properly...

There is that.
Owning a Cali is seems be much like buying top end hi-fi in that you need to put 10% of your budget to towards decent cables to make it work properly...
I'm half expecting VW to one day release optional extras like 'cupboard boxes' and 'carpet' :D

There is that.
Totally and I found the Brandrup merch tends to be good if expensive with vague instructions. My living area carpets are still going strong after 4 yrs of frequent use. Other carpets have not faired as well.

Have a bearlock installed.
IMG_3246.jpeg
Apparently I can't take a better photo of it o_O It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less :D

Last edited:
What is it ?
Hi, as you could already read in that text posted by @Ch1pbutty , it is a gearbox lock. It has been around for quite some time and is widely installed in the Netherlands due to their insurance system. In Belgium it does not affect our premium, but I wanted to have it. It is deterrent and gives peace of mind and if it ever comes to that, a thief will need more than 20 minutes to break it. This is often too long for them.
I know some want to respond in the sense of 'if they want it, they will take it' but don't bother: I am not that indifferent about that and do see the usefulness of extra security. To each his own.
So: It is a user-friendly system, mechanical and effective. That, combined with being deterrent & the peace of mind already mentioned, was worth paying the amount that they asked for in the Netherlands at Campercentrum Amersfoort. The installation only took two hours, and it was fun to be there.
IMG_3181.jpeg

Last edited:
we possibly might invert it 180 degrees and have the opening top left instead bottom right?!
it is mirrored LHD with RHD?
just a thought...
I like it too.
just realised it doesn't work, sorry.
it should be inside/out not upside/down, what a pity...

I wish I could find one like that for a LHD! Looks cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
found it!
but not in stock...

found it!
but not in stock...
Talk about getting hopes up! Just deciding if it’s worth doing and I see the bit about not in stock…

Talk about getting hopes up! Just deciding if it’s worth doing and I see the bit about not in stock…

Gloss black is currently sold out but textured is available for now. New item so hopefully soon of gloss black is your thing.

having grown up kids away, my case, would you approve the gloss?

Well I have a Transporter based Club Joker. It came with mostly textured trim anyway. Until I did a retrofit of the Digital Cockpit and that has gloss black trim so I also swapped the trim around the infotainment to gloss black. But those are thin border trims. The rest is textured so I think that will do well for the glovebox! Thanks for the find!

I hated gloss black in my Tesla and ended up wrapping it with carbon and PPF to prevent fingerprints. Gloss black also is prone to scratching easily in my experience. Even with a dirty microfiber cloth and poof. Micro scratches everywhere!

Would like to know more on this, one of the things I would like to have.

If you can order the part and are comfortable with DIY and can do long coding with a VCDS or OBD11 I can send you all the coding changes required.

Well I have a Transporter based Club Joker. It came with mostly textured trim anyway. Until I did a retrofit of the Digital Cockpit and that has gloss black trim so I also swapped the trim around the infotainment to gloss black. But those are thin border trims. The rest is textured so I think that will do well for the glovebox! Thanks for the find!

I hated gloss black in my Tesla and ended up wrapping it with carbon and PPF to prevent fingerprints. Gloss black also is prone to scratching easily in my experience. Even with a dirty microfiber cloth and poof. Micro scratches everywhere!

I do have digital cockpit and gloss black trim around it and infotainment system, therefore temptation for gloss.
but you might be right, i will have a closer look in the van tomorrow morning.
thanks.
BTW, the VAN-X is originally a Deutsche GmbH.

Back