Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Today I have done few more small upgrades ( to me anyway) I think all my tinkering is over now so need to get the Cali used for what’s it’s built for ….Camping. Off away next weekend for our 2nd mini break in Candy. I’ve felt lined all cupboard shelves, felt lined bottom of drawers, fitted a spare safe and put a new VW sticker on where the other had a bit missing. A very productive day me thinks

View attachment 108768

View attachment 108769

View attachment 108770

View attachment 108771

View attachment 108772

View attachment 108773

View attachment 108774

View attachment 108775

View attachment 108776

View attachment 108777
Haha, I've been trying to work out how you had 'wood effect' on your paint.................... till I saw the reflection of the hair dryer! Guess that'll be the fence by the van then..... :)

This idea is copied from several other fora where it always seems popular.
I'll kick it off and say this morning I chauffeured my wife 50 miles to a meeting and visited the local VW retail centre whilst I waited for her meeting to conclude. Had a look over the new Tiguan, it seems practical and fairly well equipped.
The journey there and back was smooth and relaxing, confirming that the Cali. is just as versatile as a run around as it is camper van.
Driven up mount Ventoux.

Driven 70 miles, Portsmouth to SE London through torrential rain with a bungee loose on my roof.

Should I now invest £1 in a lottery ticket?

9a024a12f9d85cd7afb77f9e0fe8fdca.jpg

Just where I left it!

cbd0b8141652f383a20d0ee6d28a227d.jpg

You can see it if you zoom in.

Driven 70 miles, Portsmouth to SE London through torrential rain with a bungee loose on my roof.

Just where I left it!

That just shows how bad the traffic is down south probably didn’t get above 10mph :bananadance2

Just where I left it!

I like the fact that you’ve colour matched your van to your bungee.

That just shows how bad the traffic is down south probably didn’t get above 10mph :bananadance2

Apart from the A3/M25 junction (where there are major roadworks) the traffic was very light. But with the tandem triplet on the roof and the atrocious conditions I rarely went faster than 55mph and never faster than 60.

Replaced the uncomfortable mattress with a Calibed Prestige III and smeared a small amount of silicon lubricant on the cupboard runners. So much smoother and progressive opening and closing.

Forest cycle ride and picnic time. One bike inside and 3 on rear. Timing perfect as a little less busy than normal as football match on TV.

Van in forest.jpg

Anybody completed a raspberry pi monitor for Solar?

Awesome thanks!
Looks like I can do so much more with Victron, the Epever MPPT will never be able to go online with wifi. Very frustrating !
But how to charge the starter with Victron?

I guess the only way I could go, is with 2 panels charging Lesuires and 1 panel charging Starter. ?

Or maybe just put the key in the ignition and turn to on.
Then the split charge relay clicks in and the 13 volt lesuries will charge the 12v starter.

Or I leave the fridge off for two weeks while the Cali is in the airport, and the starter will not discharge, trying to adjust the control panel.

Awesome thanks!
Looks like I can do so much more with Victron, the Epever MPPT will never be able to go online with wifi. Very frustrating !
But how to charge the starter with Victron?

I guess the only way I could go, is with 2 panels charging Lesuires and 1 panel charging Starter. ?

Or maybe just put the key in the ignition and turn to on.
Then the split charge relay clicks in and the 13 volt lesuries will charge the 12v starter.

Or I leave the fridge off for two weeks while the Cali is in the airport, and the starter will not discharge, trying to adjust the control panel.
Get one of these…plug one end into leisure 12v socket, the other into main battery 12v socket:

Or a more permanent solution, requires running a wire to main battery if it’s a Beach…for an Ocean it’s far easier as can connect to split charge under the passenger seat:

The Sterling 3amp is only $60
I’ll see if I can pick one up in Florida.
So I’d connect it from the Passenger Lesuire battery to the split charge (Starter BATT side)?
Thus giving a constant 3amp maintenance top up ?

Been busy the past few days. Had solar fitted by the brilliant Roger at Solar Camper Solutions.
20230823_161513.jpg

Made a little Cali to hang from the rear view mirror.
20230823_161545.jpg
Installed the shelves from Yescampervan in the wardrobe.
20230823_161755.jpg
Heko wind deflectors.
20230823_161706.jpg
Finally chopping boards that fit over the hob from Vanzeit.
20230823_161628.jpg

Back