Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you left behind?

M

malc

VIP Member
I am just leaving for a few days in Oxford to meet friends. I wonder what I will leave behind this time, or forget to do. Home alone came to mind. We were packed up to go once and couldnt find the dog. After an hour we found him in my wifes wardrobe. Could have been left behind easily. Other than not putting things out and leaving doors open nothing serious. But there must be a story out there ....

Towels.....I have lost at least five. Hung over the rear VW bike rack to dry, forgot, drove off. Gone......

Kids often go to the site washing up area and come back minus a cup or two :rofl :rofl
Last time when they went back someone had taken them :headwall

That reminds me of camping a few years ago pre children, when we camped out of a car. Packed up for the day, drove out of the field and down the road hit 15 mph and heard this really load metallic bang... looked back and realised my wife had left her breakfast bowl and cutlery on the car roof! :doh

Looking forward to not having that issue again as we have a nice table and chairs to sit at... :D

Calikev said:
Kids often go to the site washing up area and come back minus a cup or two :rofl :rofl
Last time when they went back someone had taken them :headwall

Anyone wanna buy a couple of cups I have two for sale going cheap ? :lol:

I'm going to check your van at Wicksteed I know my cups :rofl :rofl :rofl

Many years ago i bought this magnificent Volvo 760 estate with all the toys. it was only a year old and i bought it with a scratch down one side. I thought i would get it repaired sometime but the price was too good.

Returning from holiday, following a tractor .... a rock flew off which bounced on the bonnet broke the windscreen and holed the roof. So that meant i had one side, the roof, the bonnet, and windscreen to sort.

After a long journey, tired, I parked the van and backed into a tree. Totally miffed, I drove forward aiming to put the car in the garage. I forgot my bike on the roof rack..... every panel was damaged now!

I'd left my brains behind!!

A few years ago I ended up spending many hours trying to retrace my steps to find my missing glasses.

After racking my brains I finally remembered the last place I remembered seeing them. :?

Yes you probably have guessed on the roof of my Car. Very senior moment. :crazy

I then spent the next half hour walking down the farm road trying to find them. I finally found a very squashed frame surrounded by glass 100 yards down the main road. :doh

It gave my wife a good laugh. :grin: :D :lol:

John

We put a plastic bowl on the ground under our drain so we don't store any nasty stuff in the tank.

I have driven off a number of times and forgotten to put it away and driven over it. Crunched the bowl, lost the waste water.

David

Back