What headlights do I have?

• Thread starter SuperCaliFragilistic
  • Start date
SuperCaliFragilistic

SuperCaliFragilistic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We're travelling to the EU tomorrow, and I've bought a set of the Eurolite stickers for our 2016 California Ocean, but I can't work out if my headlights are considered standard or Projector/Xenon, as per the instruction list for the Eurolites.

Can anyone help from these photos please?

20240808_111653.jpg

20240808_110842.jpg

We're travelling to the EU tomorrow, and I've bought a set of the Eurolite stickers for our 2016 California Ocean, but I can't work out if my headlights are considered standard or Projector/Xenon, as per the instruction list for the Eurolites.

Can anyone help from these photos please?

View attachment 127579

View attachment 127580
Those are projector LED lights. They do not need stickers as LEDs throw a flat beam.

If in doubt, put as per Xenon instructions.

Those are projector LED lights. They do not need stickers as LEDs throw a flat beam.

If in doubt, put as per Xenon instructions.
Those are LED but on a T6 they are not a flat beam . On that model in the system settings there should be a "travel mode" that you need to turn on that sorts the lights out.

Last edited:
Do LED lights have washers?
You should be able to tell from the data sheet in front of the handbook.
Mine are 8EC which is "bi functional headlight with gas discharge lamp for driving on the left".
It should be possible to decode on igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

You should be able to tell from the data sheet in front of the handbook.
Mine are 8EC which is "bi functional headlight with gas discharge lamp for driving on the left".
It should be possible to decode on igorweb.org/equidec.aspx
You can tell by looking at them, no need for a data sheet.

The choice on that age van was Halogen or LED, the halogen look like the photo below for comparison.

halogen.jpeg

Sometimes! My old 2019 Octavia had LEDs and washers, while my 6.1 Ocean has LEDs but no washers (don't miss them - never convinced they were that effective for normal road grime and they gobbled washer fluid. Might work better with muddy water I suppose)

Thank you everyone for your responses. This forum is amazing.

I found the 'travel mode' in the MFD. Turns out it was already turned on!

France, Belgium, Germany, Czech Rep, Austria, Switzerland... here we come!

Back