Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What plans have you had to cancel?

Duncan

Duncan

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Not just Cali related but we had a wedding in July, our 6 week tour of Italy in June , two week in Tenerife in May and Glastonbury … All now cancelled

Had to cancel a trip to Germany at the end of this month to compete in a sporting competition.
Cornwall to the Eurotunnel and then onto Mosel.
Will have to wait another year now :-(

Its sad for the Comp organisers as they have all the Comp stuff printed up with the year.
Also Accommodation, Catering, Vehicles hired, Satellite tracking, Sporting licences and other things the list goes on.

What have I cancelled life outside of work at the moment

A trip to Ieper, Belgium, to witness the re-dedication of the headstones of now identified WW1 British Soldiers.
Postponed.
Date to be fixed.
We will remember them.

My other half should be out here with me in Portugal at the moment, but cancelled her return trip with EasyJet, doubt her early May flight out here with Ryanair will happen. Hopeful my return to UK on May 6th, Santander to Plymouth will happen, but will see nearer the time.

I was attempting a Lands End to John O’Groats Cycle over 14 days from 28th June- been training hard, very time consuming and almost certainly this will be cancelled , although I’ve raised £4500 for a local Children’s Hospice so it will definitely be rescheduled sometime

Two weeks in Sardinia, a week in Norfolk and a boiler service. All can be re-scheduled.

My own wedding which was due in less than 2 weeks (thankfully we've been able to postpone 2 months)
Weekend away following the above
A trip to Wolfsburg with a Colleague
Boiler Service
Barratt Homes changing some cavity trays under warranty

I'm a key worker (keeping the lights on!) and quite anti-social, so the lock down hasn't effected me too much

Two weekend trips, a 9 day pre-Easter NC500 and week to France in May :(
My son has also put on hold his plans to book their wedding next year, because they are unable to get Wedding insurance.

Big Bang Bus at Santa Pod raceway, ( camping weekend )

Still to be confirmed as officially cancelled:
Spain : Barcelona April
Holland: April
Croyde: May
Caper Jam: July
France: August
Numerous weekend camping trips.
Short term Liberty

Nothing really compared to those who are loosing their lives world wide, a mere inconvenience for me and my family, nothing that can’t be duplicated when we’re able to return to semblance of normality.

It does make you appreciate the freedom we have all enjoyed previously.

Cornwall May, Ferry meadows June, Cumbria July, London Landmarks 1/2 marathon, Southampton 1/2 Marathon, London 10k, Manchester 10k, Bristol 10k ...... All can be rescheduled....

Although not sure how I am going to manage 3 1/2 marathons and 2 10k's on the 11th October :shocked

Cali-wise just a few long weekend trips, thus far.
Holding our breath for our longer Lapponia trip, starting end of August.

2 week Italy/Sardinia trip and a long weekend in Cornwall

My wedding, stag weekend and honeymoon.

I hope you're doing ok considering the circumstances Matt.

We've really struggled with having to cancel ours with less than 3 weeks to go. All whilst i'm still working 70 hours a week too. We've never felt so awful.

Not just Cali related but we had a wedding in July, our 6 week tour of Italy in June , two week in Tenerife in May and Glastonbury … All now cancelled
So far holidays to Arran, Galloway & Dumfries and Keswick, ferry to Arran. Trip to Scarborough & Wales to visit friends, all Of which can be rescheduled.
Boiler service, hairdressers appointments, again can be rescheduled, out patients appointment, now being done by phone.
We have trips booked at the end of June, September & October which we have left for now to see how this develops, if we have to cancel them so be it.
Although disappointing, none of it matters, thousands are dying & losing their livelihood that’s what matters.
Please be sensible everyone, protect your own lives & those of people you care for as well as the general population.

Cancelled? I hope not. So I will list all postponed events either by me or hosts.
Club meet at Looe (May)
7 week Europe Road Trip to Dubrovnik and back (May to mid June)
Le Mans Classic (Lads long weekend away! 1st week July)
A week in Cornwall (Cambourne area. August)
Two weeks in Spain (Malaga - Last week of November)

Yoga retreat,
New York
Two trips to France for family do’s
Weekends in the van

The first two will likely cost us £3.5k. We have been offered chances to re-book, but as we all know it’s not that simple. Work / finances and other people’s availability means it will be very difficult to simply organise new dates.

Registering the birth of my newborn child. Birth registrations suspended for the duration of the lockdown.

Our ski holiday in March, first time with the van was cut short after they closed all the ski resorts, came home from Austria a week early. Our usual 2 - 3 months in Europe in the summer looks extremely unlikely and all my motorcycle race meetings have been cancelled. On the upside we are both well and we are getting a surprising amount of jobs done.

I planned to buy some Lycra and a road bike so I could take up “A road” cycling, but not so sure now having read other threads on this forum ;)
Buy the lycra and cycle, our quiet local roads are full of them, perfectly safe and sensible.

Get the Lycra bought, some really good deals about!
Quiet on the roads at the moment, just done my 22 mile loop, don't tell them on the other thread though!!!

Getting scratch repaired on Cali
Trip to Canterbury in Cali for wedding anniversary
Bank holiday trip to southwold as site closed until 1/7

Hoping that we will still be able to go away last bank hols in May :)

Back