Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What plans have you had to cancel?

Our own plans would have been to have spent a couple of weeks in April in the far northwest of Scotland, our spiritual home.
May and June we would have endeavoured to visit Greece, Romania, Bulgaria and Slovakia, the last four countries in the EU we haven’t quite got to in the VanRouge, and thus enable another four flags to be applied.
September and October probably to the south of France for a bit of late heat.
I suspect this all will have to wait until next year at least.

0DDD5DDD-A957-43B1-B606-6E71E10847C7.jpeg

Registering the birth of my newborn child. Birth registrations suspended for the duration of the lockdown.
Congratulations on your new addition - let’s hope by time Lock down is lifted you don’t change your mind on their name.

We’ve had the van 3 years now and this would have been the first year of both of us only working part time. Had 4 different holidays worked out on paper :-
May - Wales
June/July - Guernsey & Isle of Wight
August - North Lincolnshire
September - family camping get together Norfolk

Plus odd few days here and there

Hey ho there’s always the garage or driveway.

We should have arrived in Spain on Wednesday for and 8week Spain and France adventure. Our disappointment is negligible compared to all the sadness many people are currently suffering.
Stay safe

Cancelled? I hope not. So I will list all postponed events either by me or hosts.
Club meet at Looe (May)
7 week Europe Road Trip to Dubrovnik and back (May to mid June)
Le Mans Classic (Lads long weekend away! 1st week July)
A week in Cornwall (Cambourne area. August)
Two weeks in Spain (Malaga - Last week of November)
Le Mans classic not cancelled … yet. If, by some fluke, it isn't, will have to have a beer together!

We had plans voor Easter holiday, 10 days off wandering north of the Netherlands, or else Normandy. An 2 long weekends in May. But hey, looks like we will be allowed back on the road in June o_O.
In the mean time, just pretending we are (courtasy of bvddobb for original link):

Countries may open internal travel for leisure purposes but I cannot see cross border travel, for leisure purposes, being allowed for many months and possibly not until 2021.

Cross border travel restrictions going to be very frustrating owning a house in France! Only been twice since we bought it. Then again could be stuck down there only allowed to travel 1km from home, at least here getting in a decent walk is possible.

On Friday evening - 1 May, would have been driving to Switzerland for a 14 day break. :) No regrets. Switzerland is going no where.

Stay safe everyone.

We should have been in Haute-Savoie (France) to babysit our grandson while his mother gives birth to their second child. They must manage with French friends. And we don't know when we will see our new grandson who is due to be born this week.

Back