Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What price range for a weekend away in your Cali?

What price range would you be happy with for a Cali weekend away? Fri - Sun

• upto £20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • upto £30

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • upto £40

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • upto £50

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • upto £60

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • More than £60

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I've been looking into organising an informal meet in the Warwickshire area for a while now however being so central it isn't famous for its campsites. As with anything the best sites are often a little more expensive. I have been looking at Riverside in Stratford which works out at £56 for a weekend Fri 10am to Sun 3pm with hookup and 2 people. It also has a bar which after Lower Lode seems like a must and great facillities. ;)

http://www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/files/files/Touring Leaflet 2015.pdf

This has made me wonder what people consider a good price for a weekend, what would be your limit be. I appreciate its dependent on facilities but it will help me understand is places like Stratford are worth looking at more deeply or I should aim a little lower. ;)

Thanks,

Matt.

Last edited:
Matt,
The week before Easter we had 3 nights at East Fleet for £60 -(so £20 per night)- with hook up and great toilet / shower blocks.

Last year think the most expensive night was £27 and the cheapest £13. ( excluding brit stops ) Mentaly below £30 is my budget

Last edited:
Edinburgh Easter weekend - 3 nights, 2 adults, hard standing with hookup + £72 (so £24 a night)
Same site for 3 night weekend during Fringe Festival £95.25. Grass pitch this time but the rest the same.
On site shop and pub.
Great bus service into Edinburgh.

Having seen reports about what rooms cost during the festival, I think £32 a night (plus a few quid in bus fare) is pretty good value! Means more cash for tickets for shows!

Steve

I think a lot depends on facilities available/ popularity and season. If the kids are off school it's a lot more expensive. We have just stayed at the CC site at Rowntree Park, York. Fab location next to the river and 5 mins walk into town centre. Two adults, one child £35 per night. Great site and shower block but nearly always booked up. I think from memory East Fleet last May half term approx £35 p.n. so For a decent site in the high season that is our "loose limit". Happy to pay for decent facilities.

If that site is as good as it looks on the web page then I would be happy to pay £56 for a weekend with fellow Cali enthusiasts :thumb

Having said that, there are a lot of places I would not be happy at that price so I don't know where to pitch my vote. I see no one is happy to pay the lower prices, so it doesn't pay to sell too cheaply sometimes :D

Very true it is all relative to the experience isn't it. We once paid £34 a night for a seaview and stayed a second night we liked it so much.

I may try and get a night or two at the site and see if it's any good. The fact its so close to Stratford which is a nice town makes it tempting for me.

I've been looking into organising an informal meet in the Warwickshire area for a while now however being so central it isn't famous for its campsites. As with anything the best sites are often a little more expensive. I have been looking at Riverside in Stratford which works out at £56 for a weekend Fri 10am to Sun 3pm with hookup and 2 people. It also has a bar which after Lower Lode seems like a must and great facillities. ;)

http://www.stratfordcaravans.co.uk/files/files/Touring Leaflet 2015.pdf

This has made me wonder what people consider a good price for a weekend, what would be your limit be. I appreciate its dependent on facilities but it will help me understand is places like Stratford are worth looking at more deeply or I should aim a little lower. ;)

Thanks,

Matt.
The site looks really good. I would expect to pay top dollar to stay somewhere like this so I would be happy with £30 to £35 per night.

I notice that Stratford site also has a rally field + £12 per night. But that price doesn't include use of the toilet block (an extra £2.50 per night for that). Also notice that on the main touring area small storage/pup/toilet tents are not allowed.

I would have no problems attending a meet for that price.

Edit: I thought that I recognised the name :D I was booked in there in 2014 when I was running in the Stratford 10k.

Last edited:
On average we pay between £50-£60 whenever we stay in the Cali with EHU for 2 adults, 2 children and 2 dogs. As long as the facilities and good and clean then we are happy. :)

I never got to find out.

I got hit by a motorhome whilst road running at a well known wild-camping spot near Worthing.

I mean, I was invisible, only my high viz fluorescent tee shirt, the reflective flashes on my running crops and my reflective wrist bands to give me away :sad

No real damage except to my knee, which was hit by something, I think his bike rack, and which stopped me running for six weeks.

No real damage except to my knee, which was hit by something, I think his bike rack, and which stopped me running for six weeks.
Was the bike rack OK though? ;)

Hi
Stratford is my home town, ive been to a couple of events there and food is really good, it is quite a way from the town centre though as its in Tiddington, where abouts are you, we live in kenilworth

If the dates fit, we'll come :)

Back