Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What type of Tefal Ingenio pans do you have?

BillyCasper

BillyCasper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My Tefal Ingenio pans slip all over the California hob. They are dangerous and I am going to dump them.

I didn't realise that there are three Ingenio variants.
  • Induction
  • Enamel
  • Essential
The bases of my pans are silver and black and refer to Diffusal Technology. I think these are the Enamel variant.

I was in John Lewis today and Lewis' sell the variant that has an all silver base which refers to Induction Technology. These seem more stable to me.

What variant do you have that doesn't slide about on the California hob? I will try and replace the pans as I have the lids and handle.

Regards

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

Mine are induction. I have had no problems with sliding. However I now only use a frying pan. I use Outwell collapsible casserole dishes for everything else. One of those collapsed fit neatly into the frying pan for travelling and take up minimal space.

It seems that you can't buy individual replacement pans, so I've 'Casperised' mine to see if that works.

https://i.imgur.com/TdHtpI9.jpg

Casperisation involves sticking a wire brush in the end of an electric drill with a coarse electric sander finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We solved it. Fitted air suspension with levelling. Works a treat.:)

My experience is with the "Essential" range works fine even if "Van" is not perfectly level. I have an 18cm pan with lid & handle for sale. I wanted £25 but open to offers.....

Last edited:
Use induction wok , frying pan small, small pan ( Tefal single hob) whenever on mains . If weather is good put door table next to galley outside , open window and use as serving hatch . Keeps cooking smells out of van . Highly recommend . Nespresso by window as well ! We use 2 tefal induction hobs on our boat as well and more bigger tefal induction pans . Cook outside on cockpit table most of the summer last 2 years . Lots of seafood . Boat on Ile de Re currently .

It seems that you can't buy individual replacement pans, so I've 'Casperised' mine to see if that works.

Casperisation involves sticking a wire brush in the end of an electric drill with a coarse electric sander finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, did the ‘casperisation’ work???

Back