Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cooking pans

Gina-B

Gina-B

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I know that many members have the Tefal Ingenio saucepans etc and I'm thinking of buying a set myself. I'd like to know please:

a) how good are they in terms of safety (do they slip for example) and,

b) which sets have people found most useful in their vans. I don't intend to use an induction hob; I cook inside my 1.6 Ocean, so I cook on the gas hob. Sometimes also on an electric plate hob outside.

Many thanks.

I know that many members have the Tefal Ingenio saucepans etc and I'm thinking of buying a set myself. I'd like to know please:

b) which sets have people found most useful in their vans. I don't intend to use an induction hob; I cook inside my 1.6 Ocean, so I cook on the gas hob. Sometimes also on an electric plate hob outside.

Many thanks.

I use the Outwell ‘Feast’ set - similar to ingenio I think with removable handles, very happy with them. Don’t use the frying pan much as we also have a ridge monkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a set of Moneta pans. They nestle nicely and I have the separator pads to prevent rattling when driving. Finish and non stick surface is like new after several trips away. The handle is also very sturdy and easy to operate. Made in Italy is a bonus.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0BV2TJDHT/

we use the copy ones from Lidl. tThey work very well at a fractuon of the price . usually about during their camping event

They are very expensive but I use a Samuel Groves frying pans. They are British made and are bulletproof. I've bought other premium non stick pans but none ever last more than several years before they lose their stickn(including Le Crusset). I'm over 5 years with these and they're a doddle to clean and as good as when I first bought them.

We use the Alpkit set. 2 pans with lids that can be used as fry pans they have foldable handles. We store them in the middle of our electric cable reel in their bag.

We use the Tefal ones been using them for 20 years still looking good.

I use the Outwell ‘Feast’ set - similar to ingenio I think with removable handles, very happy with them. Don’t use the frying pan much as we also have a ridge monkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks California Dreamer. I'll take a look.

I have a set of Moneta pans. They nestle nicely and I have the separator pads to prevent rattling when driving. Finish and non stick surface is like new after several trips away. The handle is also very sturdy and easy to operate. Made in Italy is a bonus.
They look good Corradobrit. I like the trigger action on the handle - maybe better than pushing buttons as in the Ingenio handle. Thanks.

we use the copy ones from Lidl. tThey work very well at a fractuon of the price . usually about during their camping event
Thanks chez786 - I'll keep my eyes out for those.

They are very expensive but I use a Samuel Groves frying pans. They are British made and are bulletproof. I've bought other premium non stick pans but none ever last more than several years before they lose their stickn(including Le Crusset). I'm over 5 years with these and they're a doddle to clean and as good as when I first bought them.
They look very smart, but They don't seem to have detachable handles ??

We use the Alpkit set. 2 pans with lids that can be used as fry pans they have foldable handles. We store them in the middle of our electric cable reel in their bag.
Thanks for your reply Polomint. I'll take a look.

We use the Tefal ones been using them for 20 years still looking good.
Thanks jeff - good to know they have lasted that long! I might not be around that long!!

Do the separator pads come with the set or were they a separate purchase Corradobit? I'm very keen on keeping rattles to a minimum!!

Many thanks.
The ingenio pans are good, but not wonderful, is the best way I can describe. They do pack up small, we carry the large and small frying pan and 3 pots with 2 handles and it makes a neat stack in the back corner of the cupboard, definitely couldn't fit pots and pans with full handles in. We occasionally have problems with a handle getting stuck on when it gets hot, but with some fiddling clicking it in and out it usually goes back to normal after.
The biggest problems I have with them is when they get hot they do bow a bit in the middle which does lead to them being a bit slippy on the gas cooker especially if your level isn't perfect. Luckily in the California they mostly slip into the sink if it happens but can be a pain. The small frying pan also seems to be inherently slippy when it has a handle on it because the handle is very heavy compared to the pan.
But overall they work well and once you know about the issues you can make sure you keep an eye on them and recentre them often.
They have lasted well and are good sizes for the cooker.
We have had other cheap folding pan sets in the past and these are definitely the best ones we have had.

The ingenio pans are good, but not wonderful, is the best way I can describe. They do pack up small, we carry the large and small frying pan and 3 pots with 2 handles and it makes a neat stack in the back corner of the cupboard, definitely couldn't fit pots and pans with full handles in. We occasionally have problems with a handle getting stuck on when it gets hot, but with some fiddling clicking it in and out it usually goes back to normal after.
The biggest problems I have with them is when they get hot they do bow a bit in the middle which does lead to them being a bit slippy on the gas cooker especially if your level isn't perfect. Luckily in the California they mostly slip into the sink if it happens but can be a pain. The small frying pan also seems to be inherently slippy when it has a handle on it because the handle is very heavy compared to the pan.
But overall they work well and once you know about the issues you can make sure you keep an eye on them and recentre them often.
They have lasted well and are good sizes for the cooker.
We have had other cheap folding pan sets in the past and these are definitely the best ones we have had.
Thanks for that detailed review Steve1. I've heard about the slipping issue before which is a bit worrying but I've also heard good reports. I like that the handles are removable as it is so much easier to stack them. Thanks again. At the moment I'm deciding between Ingenio and The Moneta Gea.

I ordered the Moneta in the end - thanks for the suggestion Corradobrit. Arriving in Saturday!

Many thanks.
We have had a set for 10 years, still in perfect condition, fold flat transparent lids, easy to stack and store in the big drawer with removable handles, buy 2 handles.

Many thanks.
We have tried may pots and pans, from standard household pans, but he handles always got in the when storing them. We now have the Ingenio set. They are absolutely fine. I did buy a small set but the handle scratched the inner a bit. I complained to Tefal saying they needed to fit some sort of non-scratch on the handles. They ignored that and replaced my three items with a full box of virtually everything they make.

We take a small saucepan, large saucepan, small frying pan and large frying pan, two handle and three lids. All packs inside the large frying pan.

We have tried may pots and pans, from standard household pans, but he handles always got in the when storing them. We now have the Ingenio set. They are absolutely fine. I did buy a small set but the handle scratched the inner a bit. I complained to Tefal saying they needed to fit some sort of non-scratch on the handles. They ignored that and replaced my three items with a full box of virtually everything they make.

We take a small saucepan, large saucepan, small frying pan and large frying pan, two handle and three lids. All packs inside the large frying pan.
Thanks Anthony1

We have had a set for 10 years, still in perfect condition, fold flat transparent lids, easy to stack and store in the big drawer with removable handles, buy 2 handles.
Thanks sbmcd

The Moneta comes with a ratcheting handle and silicon protection inside and outside. Only 1 handle per set and extra handles are quite expensive at 1/3rd the cost of the complete set. I paid about 55 euro for my pans. But I can see the benefits having 2 to use.

Back