• Total voters
MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
We are working on this years plan for Campervan cookout and will be releasing a few videos that I've now edited with a couple of recipes from the tail end of last season.

I am just wondering what people would find useful and would like to see? Feel free to expand and discuss.

Video's....?
Tasting is what i am intrested in :D

Great job Matt:thumb i'm sure it will be nice to watch your vid's!

Just orderd a RidgeMonkey in the clubshop hoping to recieve it soon , as it seems a big hit here on the forum maybe you could work with that?

Freue mich! I look forward to some new stuff! Some (maybe crazy) ideas:
- your fav meals!
- meals under 30 min. (prep and cooking)
- local recipes from your area

Freue mich! I look forward to some new stuff! Some (maybe crazy) ideas:
- your fav meals!
- meals under 30 min. (prep and cooking)
- local recipes from your area

Great idea and absolutely agree with you. The recipes coming up for filming are our personal favourites but we will soon use those up and we constantly look for new things too. Often traditional recipes we find need a bit of adjusting to the recipe to cook on a camper stove.

The 30 minute idea is also good, because we all want good food but to enjoy our vacation time without too much work. We recently tried the Jamie Oliver book 15 minute meals the food is amazing but everything takes at least 30 minutes because he doesnt count the prep time and he uses every pan and utensil available.

The regional recipes is a great idea too, wherever we go use local ingredients and cook a local recipe. The UK isn't perhaps famous for it's food but there are plenty of great regional dishes. Perhaps a good excuse to head into Europe too to see what other nations have to offer :D

Great idea and absolutely agree with you. The recipes coming up for filming are our personal favourites but we will soon use those up and we constantly look for new things too. Often traditional recipes we find need a bit of adjusting to the recipe to cook on a camper stove.

The 30 minute idea is also good, because we all want good food but to enjoy our vacation time without too much work. We recently tried the Jamie Oliver book 15 minute meals the food is amazing but everything takes at least 30 minutes because he doesnt count the prep time and he uses every pan and utensil available.

The regional recipes is a great idea too, wherever we go use local ingredients and cook a local recipe. The UK isn't perhaps famous for it's food but there are plenty of great regional dishes. Perhaps a good excuse to head into Europe too to see what other nations have to offer :D

As I said above, I like your approach of cooking and your vids are great to watch. Beside I had some great meals in the UK (fish, meat...) and I can not understand people complaining about UK food. However travel to get some cooking inspiration is a great reason

I think many Brits have a great love of food and we take inspiration from everywhere, we love other cultures food and will happily embrace it. I think that is why indian food is such a favourite here.

Myself I have a real love for thai food and we cook a great deal of it when we are away in our van.

I am with you! Asian food is great.... please do your fav Asian one pot recipe

sorry for my opinion, but the food I ate in England did not like .... in London restaurants it was bad ... I had to repatria in Iranian restaurants ... and Italian restaurants in England of Italian have nothing .. . come to Italy and you will see how well you eat ....

Pot noodles using a 12v kettle? - although that may take longer than 30mins:D

sorry for my opinion, but the food I ate in England did not like .... in London restaurants it was bad ... I had to repatria in Iranian restaurants ... and Italian restaurants in England of Italian have nothing .. . come to Italy and you will see how well you eat ....
Why go to Italian restaurant in England when you are Italian? There are good and bad everywhere, some of the worst food I have eaten was in Paris.

Video's....?
Tasting is what i am intrested in :D

Great job Matt:thumb i'm sure it will be nice to watch your vid's!

Just orderd a RidgeMonkey in the clubshop hoping to recieve it soon , as it seems a big hit here on the forum maybe you could work with that?

Otherwise, it might be an excellent bat for some ballgame ;-)

Otherwise, it might be an excellent bat for some ballgame ;-)

Yep if the RidgeMonkey don't result in good food it can go for a self defence weapon.

You will get good and bad in any country, so don't write us off. It all depends on where you eat along with your personal tastes of course. :thumb

The UK isn't perhaps famous for it's food
Wherever I've been worldwide - Bombay to Beijing - the full English breakfast has been admired.

So while Indian, Italian, French and Chinese cuisines compete for the dinner menu, the English dominate breakfasts. (Except in Scotland where it's rebranded the full Scottish breakfast - porridge made with water not milk would be more honest).

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I've just been watching an old series of Jamie Oliver going round the UK cooking regional dishes. British food is fabulous! We get a bad press, and I'm not sure why. The only problem we have in our family is that because we cook such yummy food at home, often experimenting with new foods and recipes, pricey restaurants can sometimes be a little disappointing! You certainly get more bang for your buck if you cook it up yourself.

Matt, all camper recipes are welcomed. We Cobb a lot on campsites, and it makes the whole campsite smell wonderful (unless you are a vegetarian, possibly, to whom I apologise for the wonderful meaty aromas!).

Hello Matt,
IMO at least, cooking when camping is always fun. We have a Cobb which Mrs B doesn't like at all. I on the other hand think it is a brilliant device although to date we have had some meals which haven't gone quite as well as expected. We have also had some great sucesses. Can we have some Cobb cooking ideas please.

I've also just purchased a 3 litre Mr Ds thermal cooker which is a brilliant addition to our campervan equipment. A review of this device or similar would I am sure be of great interest to many. I'd be glad to do one myself if you would like.

Also, the Ridge Monkey seems very popular. Perhaps a section on what people are cooking in them would also be interesting.

I must admit I have found many bad restaurants in London too, you perhaps had bad luck but it is easy to find bad food in the capital sadly.

Back