Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Whats tha all reckon to this?

ooh, I’ve never heard of nanoleaf, what’s that?

ooh, I’ve never heard of nanoleaf, what’s that?
I didnt actually mean nanoleaf, (auto spell check) but it looks cool. What i meant was the technology that uses just a layer of atoms to conduct electricity. Lightning is much more concise.

I didnt actually mean nanoleaf, (auto spell check) but it looks cool. What i meant was the technology that uses just a layer of atoms to conduct electricity. Lightning is much more concise.
Nanotubes

The worst one I’ve seen on here were the utter cretins vociferously arguing that leaving the locking wheel nut loose is absolutely the right thing to do, otherwise it’s difficult to remove. I think some of them are still alive, for now.

The worst one I’ve seen on here were the utter cretins vociferously arguing that leaving the locking wheel nut loose is absolutely the right thing to do, otherwise it’s difficult to remove. I think some of them are still alive, for now.
Takes one to recognise one.

Stick around until the next reverse polarity punch up. You ain’t seen nuttin yet!!

I'm just glad that all vans are DSG now, that saves a few heated arguments.

It can be pretty difficult to get ingition from the fat, accuracy positioned piezoelectric discharge spark, of the perfect air to gas ratio mixture at the precision engineered hob burner jet. It sometimes takes multiple sparks before the mixture burns. The chances of a random weak not optimally positioned discharge spark igniting a miniscule gas leak without accurate air to gas mixture at a hose connection is absolutely remote. Personally I would be more worried about being struck by lightning while trying a few sausages.

It can be pretty difficult to get ingition from the fat, accuracy positioned piezoelectric discharge spark, of the perfect air to gas ratio mixture at the precision engineered hob burner jet. It sometimes takes multiple sparks before the mixture burns. The chances of a random weak not optimally positioned discharge spark igniting a miniscule gas leak without accurate air to gas mixture at a hose connection is absolutely remote. Personally I would be more worried about being struck by lightning while trying a few sausages.
The certification spark discharge energy limit in aircraft tanks is 200uJ. This is tiny. I don’t know the energy required to ignite butane. It’s simply easier to design out isolated conductors, than to demonstrate this limit can never be exceeded. Also, dont cook sausages within 25 miles of a thunderstorm.

The certification spark discharge energy limit in aircraft tanks is 200uJ. This is tiny. I don’t know the energy required to ignite butane. It’s simply easier to design out isolated conductors, than to demonstrate this limit can never be exceeded. Also, dont cook sausages within 25 miles of a thunderstorm.
Luckily that 907 hose connection is not located inside an aircrafts tank is all I can say

Luckily that 907 hose connection is not located inside an aircrafts tank is all I can say
I would design it out, so it wouldn’t get in there. Accidents often involve an unfortunate series of events. In this case a bad design in combination with something else, like a hose being pulled off accidentally, could result in a spark and an ignition. Many of the design rules result from lessons learned following accidents. That’s why it’s so much safer to fly now. Many of the fuel tank safety rules are a result of the TWA flight 800 accident.

I once watched a chap trying to light the flare stack on the Claymore platform in the North Sea. Took him two goes with a flare gun. Went off with a decent “whoosh” Fireball was a good 50’ I reckon.

I once watched a chap trying to light the flare stack on the Claymore platform in the North Sea. Took him two goes with a flare gun. Went off with a decent “whoosh” Fireball was a good 50’ I reckon.
For civil aircraft, no single failure shall result catastrophic failure AND
Each catastrophic failure condition must be extremely improbable, meaning a probability of less than 1x10^-9 per flight hour.
Military aircraft designers are fast and loose at 1x10^-8.

I still really don’t care what people do at home.

In this case a bad design in combination with something else, like a hose being pulled off accidentally, could result in a spark and an ignition.
I don't know what's in your aircraft fuel tank but if the connection on the gas hose of flying bananas rig up comes apart and ignites the gas, it will result in a yellow coloured gas flare as the gas mixes with the atmosphere and burns. The gas in the hose or back into the cylinder cannot ignite as there is no Oxygen present in either. The gas cylinder will not explode. The likely outcome is probably scorched grass or a burnt breakfast. If he is very unlucky he might get first degree burns or set his van alight. If I ever meet you on a campsite I will keep well away from you as I safely refill my gaz cylinders and I am sure you would not be able to relax if you were within blast range of me.

I don't know what's in your aircraft fuel tank but if the connection on the gas hose of flying bananas rig up comes apart and ignites the gas, it will result in a yellow coloured gas flare as the gas mixes with the atmosphere and burns. The gas in the hose or back into the cylinder cannot ignite as there is no Oxygen present in either. The gas cylinder will not explode. The likely outcome is probably scorched grass or a burnt breakfast. If he is very unlucky he might get first degree burns or set his van alight. If I ever meet you on a campsite I will keep well away from you as I safely refill my gaz cylinders and I am sure you would not be able to relax if you were within blast range of me.
By yellow coloured flare you mean flame I suppose. I don’t remember saying anything was going to explode, I said ignite the gas. So as an alternative to risking setting things on fire, he could simply just not do that. What’s your objection to this approach exactly? Is it elf and safety gone mad?

Back