Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Whats tha all reckon to this?

How else to spend a boring Tuesday afternoon but by reading through this.
When I became part of this club, I began to suspect the bona fides of some contributors.
As time has passed, my suspicions have hardened into certainties.
What throws me is that, on occasion, all can seem to be perfectly decent.
And some just exceed expectations….. by lowering the bar!

This thread is whole new level s**t.

Lightening, I think you need to chill TF Out and park it.

This thread is whole new level s**t.

Lightening, I think you need to chill TF Out and park it.
I am pretty chilled out thanks. I am not too interested in what you think I should do.

I answered the question and you responded with this:

‘You’re seriously suggesting you believe you could cause an explosion from a spark created by a push fit connector that’s not earthed?’

How rude. You set the tone for the rest of the thread.

How else to spend a boring Tuesday afternoon but by reading through this.
When I became part of this club, I began to suspect the bona fides of some contributors.
As time has passed, my suspicions have hardened into certainties.
What throws me is that, on occasion, all can seem to be perfectly decent.
I completely agree with you.

Spelling matters a bit here:

Lighting is to illuminate
Lightening is to make lighter
Lightning is an electrical discharge

Well shut my mouth. I'm from Up North too. The north of London, that is.
(Credit to Laurel and Hardy).

So, in our case as it is not waste gas, or necessarily in the open, air or in any way intentional, I think the word you are looking for would be flame.
Spelling matters but not punctuation.

Lightning never strikes the same place twice...I think he or she does.

Comment just for the algorithm :)
Saturdays email, most popular topic this week.

Lightning never strikes the same place twice...I think he or she does.

Comment just for the algorithm :)
Saturdays email, most popular topic this week.
Airliners are struck around once every 1000 hours, so very often, they usually trigger it.

Just to clarify, as this is the school yard thread, are we talking nob without a k (ie person of wealth or high social status) or with a k (well, you know)?
Refreshing to note that we can talk about nobs, k or otherwise, but the original takes one to know one school yard post that changed the tone for the worse was (thankfully!) made to disappear. Some one behind the scenes is doing a good job.

Last edited:
Refreshing to note that we can talk about nobs, k or otherwise, but the original takes one to know one school yard post was (thankfully!) made to disappear. Some one behind the scenes is doing a good job.
Has it?

As it was your "It takes one to know one" post that was removed, which you seem to need everybody to know, yes.
Oh, Post 60?

Do they have Specsavers in Barcelona?

The certification spark discharge energy limit in aircraft tanks is 200uJ. This is tiny. I don’t know the energy required to ignite butane. It’s simply easier to design out isolated conductors, than to demonstrate this limit can never be exceeded. Also, dont cook sausages within 25 miles of a thunderstorm.
I think I did this today. That's cooked sausages with 25 miles of a thunderstorm. Thanking the Lord I'm still here.

Oh, Post 60?

Do they have Specsavers in Barcelona?
You got it put back in?! And even more unintentionally hilarious, you're proud of it! Even I'm impressed, a little horrified, but impressed.

As far as this being the new tone of the Forum, others will no doubt vote with their feet. Yes, I know you're proud of that too.

Last edited:
Oh tough one. I was outdoors in the sense that I was most certainly outside a permanent structure, but under the awning connection to the van.

Living on the edge, it's how we roll...
In that case you were probably pretty well shielded by the awning rails. As long as you don’t get too animated with your utensils.

Back