Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel Alignment and new Ocean

AT_SIMON

AT_SIMON

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has seen issues with wheel alignment from new?

Our 6.1 Ocean 4m is about a month old now but has always pulled to the left fairly heavily.

As we are off to the lakes tomorrow, and not had chance to get back to VW Birmingham I took the bus to get the tracking looked at at a local garage, only to find it was out by a country mile!

I’ve has a T5 and 2x T6 vans for work over the years and never had these issues; is this poor quality control at the factory or poor workmanship at PDI?

This combined with the sat nav issues i’m having is leading me to think VW quality control isn’t what it used to be?

Had a tracking issue with the rear tyres on our T6 from new, not a California. The rear tyres were wearing very fast on the outer edges. Took to VW they said no problem with rear tracking. Took to local independent with latest kit and they found the tracking to be out and adjusted. Went back to VW and after much head scratching they refunded me the cost of their tracking inspection. No longer any issues with uneven wear on rear tyres. At current wear rate they will do 30k, we will see what really happens.

What tyres is your van on?

Ours (T6 4M) came on Bridgestone Touranzas and always pulled to the left. Problem was eliminated on switching to Goodyear Vector 4 seasons - which were fitted at Costco so there was no alignment check done.

It has tracked very true since, and much nicer to drive as a result. I have no idea why this change solved the issue.

Back