Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to go for a first trip?

Just asked cos I wondered if you were pushing it the wrong way. Mine comes out easily when the lever is pressed but not done it in really cold weather so I can't comment on that.

No problems removing the cable. I don't use the blue lever I just push up the flap that covers the end of the cable socket and pull.

Pushing the blue lever down. It does com out, but I'm concerned about breaking the van socket...I wonder if it was because it was so cold?

Am i wrong remembering the lever must be pushed upwards, when pulling out the socket?

EDIT: Yes I am. It goes down. (Just ran out to check). But when the plug is removed you can see the blue pin supposed to lift the cover from the plug, to release it. Like @bigmac77 says, its all about living the cover of the plug.

Last edited:
Make sure you have wifi so you can search for answers on the forum!

The old chestnut of how to lock the van from inside (press the button on the inside of the drivers door) without setting the alarm off.
Oh and by the way the blind for the back window is best closed when the boot is up.
Have the heater remote handy for the morning so you can lie in bed and turn it on. Ours is attached to the hand loop with an elastic band!
Most of all have fun and enjoy