Pure Worktop Protection

VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi
First post as a newbie.
Ordered my 204DSG in Indium Grey at the beginning of August with expected build in wk4 2017.
Had the sad news today that the build has been pushed back to Wk 10!
Dealer told me no problem if I want my deposit back, as they will easily find another buyer for my Cali!
Nice customer service VW!
Not looking forward to paying £450 an year for the first five years of T6POE.
I know lead times are extended, but 9 months +........Anyone else experiencing these delays??

You should check-out the "California T6 Delays" thread, on this forum..... If you're into California-Noir!

Some real misery stories on there...... Congrats on your first post!! The waiting game is a pit of pain....

Hi
First post as a newbie.
Ordered my 204DSG in Indium Grey at the beginning of August with expected build in wk4 2017.
Dealer told me no problem if I want my deposit back, as they will easily find another buyer for my Cali!
I know lead times are extended, but 9 months +........Anyone else experiencing these delays??
Hi, first things first, welcome. This as a great forum and most of what you have and will experience in your Journey to own one of VW's finest will have already been experienced by other members. You are not alone!!

Lead-times? I have been tracking a few members order date to confirmed build week and anything from 9 to 41 weeks seems possible. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this huge variance. Personally, I ordered my Cali Ocean on 24th August (150, DSG plus a few extras - nothing fancy, except maybe the colour coded dash). I was given Wk4 as a non-confirmed build date some weeks ago and dare not ask if this has moved. I am taking the view that my Cali will arrive and not worry ('coz I can't change it!!) too much about when. Plenty other stuff to do/worry about.
The new VED system? Yes, it's sing but again, what's to be done about it? If I was to order my new Cali knowing I would have to pay the new VED would I have still gone ahead? Yes, and managed my finances accordingly. You mention £450/year VED, you are of course correct but that is probably the pessimistic side of the facts. In reality it is the difference between the 2016/17 rate and 2017/18 rate that hurts, this would be about £265 per year in your case. If you look beyond the five years by the way you may end up paying less that the current rate annually! £140. I know this assumes no movement between now and 2022 on that basic rate but we all need a little hope to hang on to.......
Hope the above helps a little, but most of all hang on, the journey will be worth it. In the meantime soak up all the information available here. JW

Hi
First post as a newbie.

Ordered in April, estimated build week 4. I'll be checking with VW tomorrow that I too haven't been pushed further back.

Welcome , other stories on people collecting thier Cali earlier you also read so guess it depends on witch configuration you have .....

Ordered 26 march , unconfirmed week 4.
Vw is a fxxxing joke .

Currently colour choice and certain alloy options can cause delays. Bamboo Garden Green is the longest colour lead-time at present, not sure which alloy is causing problem - I know Cascaval is not a problem as I checked as this is what I ordered. I can imagine white is the most popular colour across the Transporter range so must give shortest lead-times all things being equal.

Ordered June collected exactly as dealer suggested mid Nov.

Hi
First post as a newbie.

Not wanting to make things worse, you also pay £500 extra for the first year when you pick the van up from the dealer, over 5 years the addition cost of the VED changes is £1545 ( Year 1 £800 Vs £355, year 2 - 6 £450 Vs £230)

Last edited:
£185 for 150 ps DSG before April 17.

£210 a year for my 150 T6 you must have a special deal with the DVLA.

Not wanting to make things worse, you also pay £500 extra for the first year when you pick the van up from the dealer, over 5 years the addition cost of the VED changes is £1545 ( Year 1 £800 Vs £355, year 2 - 5 £450 Vs £230)
My interpretation was that in years 2 - 6 it was £450 because I read somewhere that the £450 rate was for the five years following registration. I see if I can dig up the ref - here it is on the Gov web site "After the first 12 months, you’ll pay a rate based on the fuel the vehicle uses and an additional rate of £310 a year for the next 5 years." the web site url is https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/vehicles-registered-on-or-after-1-april-2017

I'm pretty sure the color of your orderd Cali has no influence on your build date .
Been to the factory two weeks ago , all diffrent colors and diffrent models on the same line when we walkt thru the factory.

In Hannover each cassis is build from scratch then painted and put back on the assembly line.

My interpretation was that in years 2 - 6 it was £450 because I read somewhere that the £450 rate was for the five years following registration. I see if I can dig up the ref - here it is on the Gov web site "After the first 12 months, you’ll pay a rate based on the fuel the vehicle uses and an additional rate of £310 a year for the next 5 years." the web site url is https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables/vehicles-registered-on-or-after-1-april-2017

you're right, years 2 - 6 at £450.

Currently colour choice and certain alloy options can cause delays. Bamboo Garden Green is the longest colour lead-time at present, not sure which alloy is causing problem - I know Cascaval is not a problem as I checked as this is what I ordered. I can imagine white is the most popular colour across the Transporter range so must give shortest lead-times all things being equal.
I had an update from VW today, no change from my week 10 build date, when pressed VWCS said that they believed that shortage some standard parts were causing delays and that the colour we have on order ( Bamboo Green) had a extended lead time , we have today changed the spec for the windows and the colour ( from Green to Candy White), so we will see what if any impact that has on the build date

I had an update from VW today, no change from my week 10 build date, when pressed VWCS said that they believed that shortage some standard parts were causing delays and that the colour we have on order ( Bamboo Green) had a extended lead time , we have today changed the spec for the windows and the colour ( from Green to Candy White), so we will see what if any impact that has on the build date
Fingers crossed but don't you dare jump in front of me ;)

I'm pretty sure the color of your orderd Cali has no influence on your build date .
Been to the factory two weeks ago , all diffrent colors and diffrent models on the same line when we walkt thru the factory.

In Hannover each cassis is build from scratch then painted and put back on the assembly line.
Hi HC, hope you're right but VWCS confirmed to @Cali Ali today that Bamboo Green was a problem. Interesting. Trip round the factory? Was it interesting? Worth going? I have been round Jaguar, Morgan, Porsche and Mercedes Benz in the last couple of years - all very impressive in their own ways.

Hi HC, hope you're right but VWCS confirmed to @Cali Ali today that Bamboo Green was a problem. Interesting. Trip round the factory? Was it interesting? Worth going? I have been round Jaguar, Morgan, Porsche and Mercedes Benz in the last couple of years - all very impressive in their own ways.

Most likly the options chosen and the suplly of them is more crucial in finalising the building date imo. They got not much warehouse to store , there is a trainline stopping IN the factory supplying "just in time " all the parts from diffrent supliers.
Don't think paint would be an issue as the bamoo green is a rare chosen color it would be strange it would "sell out"
Alu wheels and dashboards ,...on the other hand i see more as a problem as they also are popular on people carriers and as i said all are made on the same assembling line.

Have you not seen my post on my factory visit?
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/hannover-t6-factory-visit-and-california-factory-visit.16332/

Btw , don't belive everything your dealer tells you;) espacially when talking about Cali's they frequent trow mud....

Last edited:
£210 a year for my 150 T6 you must have a special deal with the DVLA.[/QUOTE]
The 150 DSG is rated at 163 g/km, band G, I had to point this out to the dealer, he invoiced for £230 and then changed it.

Have you not seen my post on my factory visit?
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/hannover-t6-factory-visit-and-california-factory-visit.16332/

Btw , don't belive everything your dealer tells you;) espacially when talking about Cali's they frequent trow mud....
No hadn't seen your factory visit post, will take a look.

The Bamboo Green thing comes from two separate dealers so can this be a co-incidence? I suspect not. In my case the dealer had no reason to tell me about the BG colour issue I ordered AB. Anyway in any event I suspect we will never know......to your post on factory visit......

Back