Wheres my Cali!

• Thread starter Pure Worktop Protection
  • Start date
Supercalisevenseaterbedsareextraspaciouscookoutsideintherain

to be absolutely accurate.
At least three conditions would need to met for that to be true:
1. it is raining, and;
2. you choose to cook, and;
3. you don't have an awning, tent or gazebo that offers protection from the rain.

If any one of those three very specific conditions is not met, then the above slogan fails.

Wow, thanks for this. I will give them a call. Struggling to get even 5% discount at the moment. Demand is outstripping supply!

In your opinion what extras are the ones to get and whats not?
Hmm...I suspect high discounts will be increasingly difficult to get. Demand outstripping supply (as you said), price increases (rumours of another one in the New Year too) and lead-times stretching towards nine months or more all conspire against.

At least three conditions would need to met for that to be true:
1. it is raining, and;
2. you choose to cook, and;
3. you don't have an awning, tent or gazebo that offers protection from the rain.

If any one of those three very specific conditions is not met, then the above slogan fails.
You also have to have a 3 seater Beach and 2 extra seats, so based on your pre-conditions it fails all round. :upsidedown

You also have to have a 3 seater Beach and 2 extra seats, so based on your pre-conditions it fails all round.
The premise was that it was a 3 seat bench Beach with two extra seats.

This was not made clear in my repost of the slogan, but it could be inferred.

The premise was that it was a 3 seat bench Beach with two extra seats.

This was not made clear in my repost of the slogan, but it could be inferred.
So could the possibility of rain, cooking and no awning, on occasions.
But who cares.
California Beach is so much better as a name.

So could the possibility of rain, cooking and no awning, on occasions.
Not when given with the statement, "to be absolutely accurate".
California Beach is so much better as a name.
That is, of course, a matter of opinion. However, supercalisevenseaterbedsareextraspacious is intended as a slogan not a name, so I'd be surprised if many, or any, people prefer it as a name.

Venison or Gloucester Old Spot?:happy

In the sun in Portugal with its Solar Panel....but about to be consigned to an underground garage until end March......plugged in...and fettled....before 2017 roaming...Morocco convoy anyone....?

Just had my Cali Beech order slip from week 3 to week 7 :0(
Ordered 6th Sept. and was hoping to have it confirmed this week. Guess what colour......yes you got it Bamboo Garden Green!! I have asked Guy in VW Preston to check if changing colour will make a difference and if confirmed at week 7 if it will still be built and arrive in time to be bought and taxed before end of March.... will keep you posted.

Just had my Cali Beech order slip from week 3 to week 7 :0(
Ordered 6th Sept. and was hoping to have it confirmed this week. Guess what colour......yes you got it Bamboo Garden Green!! I have asked Guy in VW Preston to check if changing colour will make a difference and if confirmed at week 7 if it will still be built and arrive in time to be bought and taxed before end of March.... will keep you posted.
I asked my dealer the same question regarding the colour, only to be told that changing the colour would not make any difference to the build date, regardless we changed the colour from B green to Candy White and the build date moved from Week 10 ( Green) to a now confirmed week 2 for the candy white.

All our campers have had names, they have all been loved as all good family members should be :) They have all given us very fond memories to last a lifetime, especially when the kids were younger, they both cried buckets whenever we sold one, and then cried with happiness when the next one arrived!

The one in my Avatar on the left was called 'Alfie-Bus'. We also had a Bertie-Bus, a Charlie-Bus, and Dave the T25. Everyone used to laugh when we told them our camper was called Dave, but that was the point, as he always made us smile :thumb

The Cali will be called simply 'Blu'. We ordered the Acapulco Blue (after much debate...) and from the start we have always found ourselves referring to him/her/it as 'Blu'.

I've even ordered a private plate with BLU as part of the registration, along with the letters VR as they were my late Mums initials, and, if it wasn't for a little inheritance that she left me we wouldn't be able to afford Blu in the first place.

Love you Mum, Thank You x

PS: 'BLU' IS ON ON THE BOAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bananadance2

I asked my dealer the same question regarding the colour, only to be told that changing the colour would not make any difference to the build date, regardless we changed the colour from B green to Candy White and the build date moved from Week 10 ( Green) to a now confirmed week 2 for the candy white.
Thanks Ali I appreciate that - I have just changed the colour to grey - still week 7 but the dealer said it could update over the weekend.. will let you all know....changing colour is a pain but if it means it is £300 less a year I could care less what colour it is....

My dealer tells me that updates/confirmations occur on Wednesdays.
Our dealer said on Wednesday it was still week 3 but he checked today because I emailed and now week 7 - who knows...its clear as mud...lest see what happens between now and Wednesday.

Our dealer changed our order last Monday and by Tuesday afternoon we had a new build week, so I would assume the production changes are pretty much real time, our change to status 20 week 2 ( Confirmed build) was this week, so I guess the week 3 builds will be confirmed next week

Our dealer changed our order last Monday and by Tuesday afternoon we had a new build week, so I would assume the production changes are pretty much real time, our change to status 20 week 2 ( Confirmed build) was this week, so I guess the week 3 builds will be confirmed next week
Thanks again Ali - fingers crossed for some news over the weekend then.. VW Preston did say he thought week 7 would still be good for March but he also said he would be surprised if it slipped from week 3 which it has. Grey looks cool so fingers crossed.

Seeing a there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind any dates from VW, perhaps we should now refer to update days as "Wonky Wednesdays".....:(

Back