Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which folding bike carrier

Painted Pilgrim

Painted Pilgrim

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi, I'm looking to get a tow bar mounted carrier that folds to allow access to the rear door.
Could anyone advise me on the best ones to look for please?

Think the general consensus is to get the Atera DL3 (~£440) or the Thule XT3 (~£640).

You can also get some cheaper Thule ones ones <£300, but you might have to shave a bit of the stopper to allow them to tilt enough.

So for zero admin pick the DL3 or XT3.

Hi, I'm looking to get a tow bar mounted carrier that folds to allow access to the rear door.
Could anyone advise me on the best ones to look for please?
The one I’m selling might be of interest….https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/thule-tow-bar-cycle-carrier.49164/

Uebler i21 (90° version) works very well. Light weight and compact when folded. Available from Ford in the UK, sometimes with discount.

Think the general consensus is to get the Atera DL3 (~£440) or the Thule XT3 (~£640).

You can also get some cheaper Thule ones ones <£300, but you might have to shave a bit of the stopper to allow them to tilt enough.

So for zero admin pick the DL3 or XT3.
Thanks, good info

We have the Diamant Pro-User SG-2 Plus. Allows the tailgate to fully open. Must be the Plus version as the standard SG-2 does not tilt enough to allow the tailgate to fully open. Very happy would purchase again.

Back