Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Michelin Atlas for France? Standard or Camping Car&Van version?

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Are the recommendations and Campervan relevant content useful in the Camping Car&Van. Is the same info available on apps like Park4Night or Search4sites? Are the recommended routes well thought out and cover the main attractions and tourist specific destinations in a specific area? Are there any other reasons to go for the choose the standard Atlas apart from the 1cm:2km vs 1cm:2.5km scale.
Has anyone used both and offer a first hand recommendation?

I always prefer an atlas over an app, because a map will show me much clearer the distances and surrounding areas. I've been using the Michelin Camping Car Atlas (2020), and like it very much. It covers the whole of France in detail. We didn't use it however to plan our place to camp, because it mainly shows the camper parkings, and not so much camping grounds. We prefer the latter. For selecting a camping ground, we use Park4Night and Google Maps mainly, but also use the Campercontact app sometimes.
Next year I will buy a new Michelin Atlas Laminated Spiral 1:200000, because the laminated one is much more durable.

When you say camper parkings do you mean parkups ie wild camping? Whereas camping grounds are offical campsites?

Back