Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Pressure Washer?

Sorry but I don't get it - the use of pressure washers that is. Using a pressure washer on a car/Cali? They will do one of two things. Push water/foam/grit where you don't want it and/or damage a vital parts of your beloved Cali. They certainly will not save you having to wash your car/Cali in the conventional way. If your Cali gets very muddy or covered in salt have patience and soak with a gentle hose down - leave, then hose down again to get rid of grit etc, then wash in the normal way. By the way you should always use a foaming cleaner with a lubricant - minimises the scratches and swirl marks. Start with the roof and work downwards to the sills - do the wheels/wheel arches last. TLC is the answer not front on attack! Save the pressure washer for the patio or path (with care even here!). This post is not intended to be a hand grenade but recognises the potential!

I personally would only use a pressure wash on my wheels,under the wheel arches and seals

Alan
Be careful even with seals. These pressure washers operate at such high pressures they can push grit past seals and cause damage to bearings - etc.

As a detailer in a past life the pressure washer is essential kit however you need to know how to use it.

The main thing to remember is never ever point it directly at the vehicle, you need to be a good 4 foot away and point the flow downwards at 45 degree angle.

If you know how to use it you won't do any damage and will save you loads of time when cleaning, especially when used in conjunction with a good quality snow foam detergent.

I'm sure that in the right hands a pressure washer can be the way to go especially if time is a factor
My son had started to use a jet wash on his garden slabs regularly, a year later the cement pointing has started to lift up.
He was warned ...lesson learnt the expensive way !

Alan