Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which radio system should I choose o an new California

Checker

Checker

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I am about to order a California Ocean but i think its difficult to decide wich is the smartest option. Can you tell me pros and cons for this tree alternatives. Wich one should i go for?

”Composition Colour ”radio system” Standard
-I can use a smartphone instead wisch i easyer to upgrade

"Discover Media" inkl. "Streaming & Internet" 8 500 Euro
"Discover Media Pro" inkl. Streaming & Internet 14 300 Euro

Composition Colour.jpg

Discover pro.jpg

Volkswagen_California.jpg

The prices in your post are not correct (currency conversion error?)
Here is an extract from the Configurator in Belgium.
20210618_102335.png

I am very sorry, one zero to much! : )
"Discover Media" inkl. "Streaming & Internet" 8 500 skr = 780,87 Euro
"Discover Media Pro" inkl. Streaming & Internet 14 300skr = 1313,70 Euro

priser.JPG

Do you have an opinion on which one to choose, and why?

Whichever one gives you Wireless Apple / Android carplay. Mirror your phone satnav to the unit, then you don't need to pay VW for future map upgrades which are likely to already be outdated on the day that you get it.

Aftermarket units tend to better than 'VW' stock units. So might be better taking the 'free' option and upgrading once you have the van.

I am in the same position about to order my new cali in Portugal and cannot figure out the best way forward with the media systems and the digital cockpit. Seems like a lot of extra cash so would be great to know if anyone who has bought it thinks its good value

CarPlay / AndroidAuto is the only system I need / want to use, in any car. No going back to manufacturers' systems : ugly, outdated, expensive, with anti-hergonomic interfaces

I think its best to go for the standard ”Composition Colour ”radio system”.

And after a while upgrade to something more up to date. I think i prefere apple and google instead of manufacturers systems as you already said. Thank you!

Back