Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who will rid me of these damned headrests (Cali Ocean 2018)

Just remember that if you remove them you will also lose the ability to use the strap to hook the kitchen table over the seat using the headrest. It's that black strap in your box of bits you were wondering about!
Sorry, IT is a minor Problem to use The strap allready. Have a look to a german Forum... There will also explained how modify the head Rest to bring Standard Installation back an workabke in Minutes.

Greetings Rolf

ah I see! every day is a school day!
not sure what I would want it set up like this for..maybe standing the DVD on instead of on top of fridge..

The head rests on the rear seats either block rear vision or when folded down take up storage space. As only two of us travel in it we do not need them for safety and I want to remove them.

Pressing the black button only adjusts the height and does not release them. I can see no other screws or buttons.

Can anyone suggest or tell how to do this?
Very easy to break the plastic capping 'to remove the pins, suggest purchasing new plastic caps to cover up the removal, or let vw do it for you.

VW might not be willing to do it. Health and Safety issue. I asked for them to turn the auto wipers off and they refused saying that if it rained and I didn't turn the wipers on then they might be liable as it was standard equipment on the van. World's gone mad.:mad:

Back