Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why are LED lights so expensive.

How does spraying a bit of soapy water on a headlamp wash it with out wiping??
Is there a little man that lives in there also with a sponge?
Maybe I'm a bit stupid but if you don't wipe it won't clean anything off???
Pretty Useless really...a bit of rain would do the same job,and in the uk we have plenty .led lights are cool but £1500 wow Vw you should wear a mask and hide in the bushes on a highway!!!!

Yep, I have found washers to be totally useless over the years and many cars I've had them on. Token gesture for law compliance generally (xenon/HID, led not)

Wipers are the answer but have been outlawed because of pedestrian impact tests. The Volvo V70 and the Range Rover I had were the best with wipers

Pretty Useless really...a bit of rain would do the same job,and in the uk we have plenty .led lights are cool but £1500 wow Vw you should wear a mask and hide in the bushes on a highway!!!!
Its like a mini jet wash, but the little and often approach does seem to keep them clean.

Yep, managed to see them working
Is there a way to activate them for cleaning, repairs etc?

Last edited:
Use a separate High Pressure Pump, not like the Windscreen washers.

Just an observation
My 2017 Ocean that has LED head light foes
not have headlamp washers
I was under the impression that LED and Zenon headlights 'must' have washers and self levelling.

Most cars have a small square bumper section under the headlight that is actually the washers and it comes/pops out to spray washer fluid back at the light.
Not seen a Cali setup as yet.

When browsing the French VW site i noticed that it was a 1100 euro extra. about £500 less than UK. Due to what you can get away charging I guess.

They sprays hot water at high pressure was a fitted extra on mine not sure if it is now STD on all LED lights
Not sure how others find them but they do light up the road far better than bulbs but soon all cars will have them like electric cars great lights for less watts

I'm picking up my new (ish) 2017 MY it has LED so I will let you know if it had washers.
I have LEDs on my 2017 Ocean, washers are fitted... pointless without wipers though!!

Back