Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Will painting my T5 07 California kitchen units would this De value it ?

T

Trevor Munro

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi,

I was thinking of painting my kitchen units as i'm not keen on the light wood finish, possibly Gloss Grey but i'm concerned this may de value the van any advise ?

Hi,

I was thinking of painting my kitchen units as i'm not keen on the light wood finish, possibly Gloss Grey but i'm concerned this may de value the van any advise ?
As soulstyledevon says, stickers would be a better (and probably neater) option. Take a look ar what’s available on the Pixers web site.

Thanks !

would something like a wrap be ok like the below thread ?

If you called in the professionals then it could
look okay if it was sprayed, but if you're thinking of doing it
yourself with a brush then it could be tricky to maintain the
factory look.
Wrapping would be the neatest job.

Absolutely would kill the value. Same as any 'customisation' that isn't removable - it's to your tastes, not someone elses. If youre in the slightest bit looking at resale, then dont even go there in my view.

This is an interesting thread, I am waiting on delivery of a coast but I must admit that I don't like the colour of the kitchen. I considered converted vans but found that the Cali was by far the best option for everything bar this. If there was a viable local wrap option available then it would be of interest. I was looking to get the B pillar wrapped so I will ask about this whilst I am at it.

If it was a good Rap or covering it wouldn’t put me off buying it, the colour of my trim is old fashioned in my eye, it’s like it’s in a time warp, :Iamsorry:Iamsorry

Personally wouldn't even although I can understand your colour issue.

A professional recolour where panels are removed for spray coating and baking may be an option, at a cost.
I had our kitchen units done by that method with A1 result.
Don't know if anyone in your area could undertake the Cali.

The T5 (vs the 5.1, 6 and perhaps the 6.1j is the easiest to wrap and the cabinets are quite smooth rather than grained. It it’s not just the doors, it’s the frame above, around the sockets, the wardrobe and then the overhead locker.

I take it the reason you want to do this is because your units are showing signs of serious wear. Or is just some parts? Also what is the age of your van and is the exterior in good original condition or has it had a hard life.

I think it really depends on the age/condition of the Cali. If the rest of the vehicle is in original/good condition I wouldn't "customise" the interior. Unless you do it with a reversible option like a wrap or self adhesive vinyl, like Fablon.

When we had a T4, there were some people on the Dutch forum 'wrapping' their kitchen cabinets. Aside from personal taste in pattern, the results of the 'stickers' was quite nice. See some examples below. However, in the T4 the cabinets' surface was flat. In the T5 it has relief (is that the right word?)

file.php

file.php

For sure will reduce its value.

Wrap the units instead.

Just brighten the interior by other means so you won’t even notice the colour of the cupboard doors!!

Hi,

You could try something like this. Removable if necessary.

Back