Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors ?

Dippa

Dippa

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I'm looking to buy some wind deflectors for my 6.1 but unsure what ones to go for.

I see dubflecta are no longer available.

I'm considering Climair Wind Deflectors or Heko

second that had them on the last two VW vans.
Likewise - they work well, and act as a bit of a water drip deflector from the door top window buttons when winding down your window at car parks, barriers etc. California Time did a video on fitting them which is worth watching.

I did consider the VW stick on ones but unsure how well they hold. I'll have a watch of California time

I did consider the VW stick on ones but unsure how well they hold. I'll have a watch of California time
So far so good with ours. The sticky strip is pukka 3M so I doubt it’ll fail anytime soon. Take a look at the comments on the YouTube from California Time. I did need a pea sized dab of clear sealant to make a full seal - but might not be really needed.

3 1/2yrs and still perfect on my van I just sold.
New set I picked up on eBay for £30 brand new. Think they cost about £70ish from vw

So far so good with ours. The sticky strip is pukka 3M so I doubt it’ll fail anytime soon. Take a look at the comments on the YouTube from California Time. I did need a pea sized dab of clear sealant to make a full seal - but might not be really needed.
The first van I fitted them myself, still fine after 8 years. The newer van the VW dealer fitted them in January and one started to peel off, just a few dabs of superglue and been fine since.
I feel the time of year was relevant as perhaps the body work was too cold to get proper adhesion.

Another vote for Heko. Took 5 mins to fit with no worries about sticking them in the wrong place or damaging paint if removed. Quality is good.

Another vote for Heko. Took 5 mins to fit with no worries about sticking them in the wrong place or damaging paint if removed. Quality is good.
Agree

There are some genuine VW on eBay for around £30 but say they are for T5/6. Will they fit the T6.1?

I'm looking to buy some wind deflectors for my 6.1 but unsure what ones to go for.

I see dubflecta are no longer available.

I'm considering Climair Wind Deflectors or Heko
VW stick ons. Still secure after 6 years.
One advantage of them over other designs is that with the windows open an inch or so the gap between the glass and deflector is bigger. This allows more ventilation at night.

We have the (VW)ones that go into the window seal on our T6.1, but I find that they make quite some windnoise (windows closed completely). I can't think of why, but is it less noisy with the sticky ones?

We have the Heko ones, but I keep finding the passenger has slipped down.
I previously purchased additional clips too. So now that window has four clips instead of the supplied two and found it slipped again yesterday.
So I could be tempted with an alternative, but would be worried about what sort of job I would make of stick ons. Also a little horrified of the suggestion of superglue usage above !:eek:

I previously purchased additional clips too. So now that window has four clips instead of the supplied two and found it slipped again yesterday.
So I could be tempted with an alternative, but would be worried about what sort of job I would make of stick ons. Also a little horrified of the suggestion of superglue usage above !:eek:
The VW stick ons are fixed with 3M double sided tape and are a doddle to fit. I’ve had no slippage! If they ever moved I’d redo with tape.

I’d take a look at this video. The job took me about 30 minutes as I went about it very cautiously. In truth, 10 minutes should do it. There is a purchase link with the video. They come as fitting T5/ T6 but no difference to T6.1 (our van).

I have the heko ones..so far no problem at all ! I’m the installation is 10 minutes

Have you checked the heko clips are the correct way around ? (they are orientated).

Have you checked the heko clips are the correct way around ? (they are orientated).
Hey @Perfectos Thanks so much for the suggestion. I couldn't have been 100%, so have just checked. All 4 barbs pointing into the van, which looks to be correct according to the few YT vids that I have just watched. Worth checking though - thank you.

Careful with the heko ones if you have laminated glass. Got the clip in ones for mine and both windows got cracked and no help or money from heko for the damage

Back