Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors ?

I'm looking to buy some wind deflectors for my 6.1 but unsure what ones to go for.

I see dubflecta are no longer available.

I'm considering Climair Wind Deflectors or Heko
HEKO every time (get a few extra clips too).

Careful with the heko ones if you have laminated glass. Got the clip in ones for mine and both windows got cracked and no help or money from heko for the damage
Oh - I have laminated glass and vw fitted the clip ones (heko?). Fingers crossed all good so far, although one was fitted badly (vw sorted it)

We are very happy with the Climair ones. You need to drill a 1mm hole in the plastic for a screw to keep them in place. Some may not be ok with that. This is how they look…

03910BB0-1462-43D7-AC57-245D4685DAA3.jpeg

E5F0BD9E-1352-4CC8-BF4A-B20B902AE9C9.jpeg

Just searched Amazon uk for Heko deflectors for our Cali Ocean. Put in the relevant info T6 150 TDI (2019) and it came up saying “these don’t fit this vehicle”.. bit confused ?
Any advice welcome !

Also a bit concerned re comments on Heko breaking glass on window with no compensation.
Anyone have ClimAir deflectors ?

See post #28
Also a bit concerned re comments on Heko breaking glass on window with no compensation.
Anyone have ClimAir deflectors ?

See post #28
I have Heko and didn't bother using the clips, they seem pretty secure and have not moved even with window going up and down. Very happy with them and they are nicely tinted. Cali 6.1

I have Heko and didn't bother using the clips, they seem pretty secure and have not moved even with window going up and down. Very happy with them and they are nicely tinted. Cali 6.1
Can I ask where you purchased them, we’re having difficulty finding a supplier !

VEEDUB transporters I think
You’re correct, my typo mistake, Vee Dub. Arrived, fitted and for now pretty pleased with them. Haven’t yet checked out the ‘noise level’ some speak of !

You’re correct, my typo mistake, Vee Dub. Arrived, fitted and for now pretty pleased with them. Haven’t yet checked out the ‘noise level’ some speak of !
I've not noticed any noise personally, most of the noise I hear comes from the roads or rattles in the back.

These look like they're for a VW Caddy - you wouldn't happen to have the part number for the ones your dealer fitted, and how much you paid?
I've now found these original VW clip-in wind deflectors (part number 7E0072193 HU3 - £87) https://vwvanpartsdirect.co.uk/product/transporter-20202021-wind-deflectors-front/
Our dealer suggested it would be £130 including VAT and fitting.

What I'm concerned about is that we have the acoustic pack which means laminated (=slightly thicker) glass. Will this be a problem with the clip-in (rather than the stick-on) wind deflectors?

Is there anyone out there with the laminated glass and clip-in wind deflectors?
I saw @66tim99 has had no issues, but @Steeble 's update has me really worried.
If the dealer fits an orginial VW WD, would that cover my precious windows if the worst happened?

The stick-on deflectors would be fine, but I prefer the somewhat more discreet look of the clip-in ones, and sticking grey WDs on a Ascot Grey California feels slightly wrong to me.
Thanks all - really appreciate your advice.

I've now found these original VW clip-in wind deflectors (part number 7E0072193 HU3 - £87) https://vwvanpartsdirect.co.uk/product/transporter-20202021-wind-deflectors-front/

What I'm concerned about is that we have the acoustic pack which means laminated (=slightly thicker) glass. Will this be a problem with the clip-in (rather than the stick-on) wind deflectors?

If the dealer fits an orginial VW WD, would that cover my precious windows if the worst happened?

The stick-on deflectors would be fine, but I prefer the somewhat more discreet look of the clip-in ones, and sticking grey WDs on a Ascot Grey California feels slightly wrong to me.
Hi - I have the sports pack, which comes with the laminated glass I think, and had the clip-in deflectors fitted by the dealer. I did have an initial issue with the drivers side wind deflector - one of the clips hadn't been fitted perfectly causing the window to 'bounce-back' when closing sometimes. That was quickly rectified and I've had no issues with the deflectors since.

With the laminated glass I would go for the stick-on option. They also provide better drip coverage and airflow when the window is open slightly as they stick out a bit further. We use the Climair as I posted before, but we only have standard glass.

Ive used these on the last 3 Californias.Auto clover on amazon Cheap at £30 , quite a dark tint, stick on & not lost one yet. The dark tint means it matches in with the sports pack Black B pillar.

I tried the clip in ones on our first van initially & didn't like them as the windows never seemed to shut as fully with the clips in there generating more wind noise.

This is their photo not mine.

wind deflectors.jpeg

Mine have been on since new , it’s now 11 years on and still fine.

We have stick on ones, 1 year in service so far and still firm. From a n aesthetic viewpoint, we have a 2-tone van (white top), and black b-pillar. The graduated grey deflectors work well, in our opinion. From a practical view, they do what they’re meant to, fresh air on the move, shed light rain away from the door top, and ventilate at night.

DBAAB4FE-F421-4CAB-BE50-93BBE66A0479.jpeg

FB7C3BE6-DC8F-45FA-B924-6312F7A0D4E5.jpeg

Back