Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors ?

We have stick on ones, 1 year in service so far and still firm. From a n aesthetic viewpoint, we have a 2-tone van (white top), and black b-pillar. The graduated grey deflectors work well, in our opinion. From a practical view, they do what they’re meant to, fresh air on the move, shed light rain away from the door top, and ventilate at night.

View attachment 104373

View attachment 104374
They aren’t stuck in the right place, they sit tight to the black mirror casing.

We have stick on ones, 1 year in service so far and still firm. From a n aesthetic viewpoint, we have a 2-tone van (white top), and black b-pillar. The graduated grey deflectors work well, in our opinion. From a practical view, they do what they’re meant to, fresh air on the move, shed light rain away from the door top, and ventilate at night.

View attachment 104373

View attachment 104374
zoom in on my pic57E9D062-3595-4FEF-9F65-2170147DD820.jpeg

They aren’t stuck in the right place, they sit tight to the black mirror casing.
Dont quite understand- the bottom bit is profiled to fit over the mirror casing, per instructions and also as CaliforniaTime video. The outer (upper) edge follows the top line of the door. I wouldn’t want a white bit of door above the deflector. Happier how we have fitted them.

Last edited:
Dont quite understand- the bottom bit is profiled to fit over the mirror casing, per instructions and also as CaliforniaTime video. The outer (upper) edge follows the top line of the door. I wouldn’t want a white bit of door above the deflector. Happier how we have fitted them.
Bottom bit is profiled to fit over mirror casing yep and should be tight no hole/gap. Nice tight fit round the black mirror casing.
Main thing is you are happy, but if someone has done a video saying that’s the correct way then it’s little misleading.:thumb

With the laminated glass I would go for the stick-on option. They also provide better drip coverage and airflow when the window is open slightly as they stick out a bit further. We use the Climair as I posted before, but we only have standard glass.
The clip in ones work perfectly with the laminated glass, and perhaps look a bit neater. Not as large though but are effective. Sorry, not great photos.87220F93-65D4-4784-90E7-FAF71912A2D2.png7AF9F9CC-9BE6-450E-9B3F-F1D39B13B897.png

Bottom bit is profiled to fit over mirror casing yep and should be tight no hole/gap. Nice tight fit round the black mirror casing.
Main thing is you are happy, but if someone has done a video saying that’s the correct way then it’s little misleading.:thumb
I don’t really get your point. There is no hole / gap, it is tight. :thumb

I don’t really get your point. There is no hole / gap, it is tight. :thumb
That section is curved to sit tight on the black casing (has padding on it) and then sticky. Plus you lose a bit of the protection so window opening gap would be smaller.
Look at both pics and you can see :thumb

861AA009-290B-4ECB-96DF-70AAB9B5FA83.png1AAB63FB-B38B-4DB1-AE83-B7170C40F3FE.png

Like I’ve said , ours works just fine, looks good, and follows every other I’ve seen of the same style.

Heko are great and easily fitted, but in my experience come unstuck at front end where they stick with tape and become very loose(so, not great). VW advised me to remove them when we had issues with window operation. Might try some adhesive VW ones.

Heko are great and easily fitted, but in my experience come unstuck at front end where they stick with tape and become very loose(so, not great).
I had the same problem with my Hekos, a suddden release of the front driver's side with the window open, the whole deflector came loose. Luckily in slow traffic so I was able to recover the deflector.
I removed the clips and re-set them, applied double sided tape to the front to replace the original failed tape and refitted. Also did the passenger side at the same time. I'm satisfied that they will now stay in place indefinitely and quite happy with their aerodynamic performance as far as wind noise is concerned.

We are very happy with the Climair ones. You need to drill a 1mm hole in the plastic for a screw to keep them in place. Some may not be ok with that. This is how they look…

View attachment 92783

View attachment 92784
I just installed the smoke tint versions and used 3M double sided padded adhesive tape instead of screwing into the moulding. I cleaned the surface throughly with alcohol to ensure a strong adhesion. Took a total of 15 mins. Works perfectly and hasn't budged even at motorway speeds. No binding issues with window mechanism.
The Climair units are well made and don't increase wind noise. I like the low profile design which integrates nicely with the door trim giving a factory appearance. They still extend far enough out for protection from water and provide plenty of ventilation when the window is cracked open a few cm's.

I just installed the smoke tint versions and used 3M double sided padded adhesive tape instead of screwing into the moulding. I cleaned the surface throughly with alcohol to ensure a strong adhesion. Took a total of 15 mins. Works perfectly and hasn't budged even at motorway speeds. No binding issues with window mechanism.
The Climair units are well made and don't increase wind noise. I like the low profile design which integrates nicely with the door trim giving a factory appearance. They still extend far enough out for protection from water and provide plenty of ventilation when the window is cracked open a few cm's.
Nice :) Is that on a Beach or Ocean?

Always had VW own ones (stick on type) the first thing I fit to every van I’ve had.
Great:thumb
Hi, I have a set of Vw ones to fit, do you fit them flush with the door tops, or down slightly, instructions a bit vague? Thanks

Hi, I have a set of Vw ones to fit, do you fit them flush with the door tops, or down slightly, instructions a bit vague? Thanks
Have always fitted them down a bit. At the bottom of wind deflector it kicks out to sit on the black plastic casing of the wing mirror mounting tight (if you fit higher there will be an air gap there).
Loads do fit up high if you want that look, but you are also loosing some of the protection on window opening if it’s higher. Think campervan time was telling everyone on there YouTube that’s where they go :headbang

Have always fitted them down a bit. At the bottom of wind deflector it kicks out to sit on the black plastic casing of the wing mirror mounting tight (if you fit higher there will be an air gap there).
Loads do fit up high if you want that look, but you are also loosing some of the protection on window opening if it’s higher. Think campervan time was telling everyone on there YouTube that’s where they go :headbang
Agree, fit low! Allows more air to enter and aligns with the plastic door mirror trim.
Looking at fitting to my drivers door to help reduce the water running off the awning into the van !

Agree, fit low! Allows more air to enter and aligns with the plastic door mirror trim.
Looking at fitting to my drivers door to help reduce the water running off the awning into the van !
Does help:thumb
Have them on the little Jimny as the gutters do that too.

Thankyou

Back