Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

wind noise right ear

G

G3WRT

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Wind noise.

I am just getting used to my new, less than 1k mile, Coast 6.1 (despite the classification on my ?) I have only just got to get to motorway speeds and be comfortable with it. The turbo does kick in which is a novelety to me. But I am not happy with the wind noise in my already deaf right ear. What is going on? Is this why I read of a alternate additional door seal = I think I recall?

please enlighten me. I have not been above 65 but it is really noisy , I even thought the door is open!
others please tell me. Did I dream of another door seal?

Wind noise.

I am just getting used to my new, less than 1k mile, Coast 6.1 (despite the classification on my ?) I have only just got to get to motorway speeds and be comfortable with it. The turbo does kick in which is a novelety to me. But I am not happy with the wind noise in my already deaf right ear. What is going on? Is this why I read of a alternate additional door seal = I think I recall?

please enlighten me. I have not been above 65 but it is really noisy , I even thought the door is open!
As far as I am aware the California comes with the additional seal already, unlike the Transporter commercial vans. It is a thin seal along the vertical edge of the door itself.

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 07.11.41.jpg

Wind noise.

Does your passenger hear similar?
I wonder if you hear the awning at high speed.

I installed the wind deflectors and if one only has the window open an inch or two the wind noise is substantially less.

The only time I’ve heard wind on the motorway was because the top wasn’t quite down properly (a scary mis-communication about an inflatable mattress, but that’s another story). May be worth a check all round to see whether the corners are down properly.
The sliding door window could be the culprit I suppose. Hope you find the issue - they’re ordinarily very quiet.

Always put it down to the lack of an aerodynamic end on the awning.

When it's happened to me it's been because the sliding window on the sliding door side hasn't completely closed tight.

When it's happened to me it's been because the sliding window on the sliding door side hasn't completely closed tight.
We had the same when we first drove ours home. Previous Owner had left the sliding window open slightly.

Wind noise complaints were always a pain when I worked in automotive. Spent many an hour in wind tunnels in Germany and the States working through the issues and mods to seals etc....

First thing to do is check that your current set up is sealing properly....a small smoke generator off Amazon can help with this......

Back