Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind Noise

M

magpiecali

VIP Member
i have recently picked up my new Cali every thing is fine, i was just wondered if any one had experianced what i think is excessive wind noise when travelling at speeds above 60mph.
or is it me i'm now listenig all the time even comparing when driving my car which is a Golf and is much quieter than the Cali.

Regards Paul

The wind noise comes from the slab of awning on the side or the pop top roof front deflector can be a little loud at times

I think my Beach is incredibly quiet at motorway speeds and our other car is a near silent Lexus!!

I have an awning, but also laminated glass so maybe has some impact on noise!!

James said:
choplee said:
The wind noise comes from the slab of awning on the side or the pop top roof front deflector can be a little loud at times

Pardon?

not sure you can get to those speeds to get wind noise james :laugh2

I did notice wind noise when I first drove my Cali, most is the awning, but it does seem to vary. You'll soon stop noticing the wind noise though, when the awning starts to rattle :laugh2

after 34 years of not being able to hear much above the noise of whistling vent windows in a Split and general noise, the Cali is an oasis of calm when driving for me! I spose it depends what your'e used to!

I'm used to shouting when I drove my Splitty, wind noise and a draft up my right trouser leg didn't help either! Nor not being able to stretch my left leg..... Cali's are way better for comfort and safety!

Agreed with above, the wind noise is either from the sun canopy, but mostly, in my experience, from the join between the front spoiler and elevating roof. Doesn't bother me though

i have experienced some wind noise in the van but this is normally related to what I've eaten the night before.

James

James said:
i have experienced some wind noise in the van but this is normally related to what I've eaten the night before.

James

:goodone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back