Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window bag comparison

Do you use VanEssa or California Camping window bags?

• VanEssa

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • California Camping

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No window bags

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
burnercan

burnercan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
So, I was just about to push the confirm button on my order for a set of VanEssa window bags for my (as yet undelivered though getting closer) Beach. I noticed in another thread that California Camping also does a similar product.

Has anyone used both and could give some insight to the differences of fit and quality? From the pictures they look as though they might come from the same factory with different badging. CC also does a modular set, but that doesn't look to me as though if would be as solidly secured. Experiences and opinions please!

VanEssa

or

California Camping

I did try to search the forums but didn't find any real comparative information on the subject.

I think mine are the california camping bags now I see the links. I haven't seen the other bags sadly other than at a show.

Happy to take some pics of mine in place if you want, wont be until the weekend though.

Has anyone used both and could give some insight to the differences of fit and quality? From the pictures they look as though they might come from the same factory with different badging. CC also does a modular set, but that doesn't look to me as though if would be as solidly secured. Experiences and opinions please!
The classic CC bags are the same design as the Vanessa ones. CC claim they have now a European manufacturer. It may be that Vanessa still gets them from China. I'd say take the cheapest ones; they'll be fine.

I've got the Vanessa bags and they're very very good. No idea where they are made but they are manufactured by Vaude. The bags came with Vaude tags on them.

No experience of the CC version but going from the photos I'd say they are based on the same design but not the same.

Like Matt I can take some photos at the weekemd if that would help.

based on the same design but not the same.

@MattBW, mentioned 'bars being locked in place' and these can be seen in pics he posted. In the video of the VanEssa system I didn't see them, so maybe the VanEssas don't have them? I really don't want to use the velcro...

No velcro. The bags have solid back with some little blocks sticking up (see first photo). The top of the solid back slots into a gap between the window and the blind (second photo). You just slot the top in then push the bottom of the bag into the window recess for s snug fit.

I'd imagine both designs are similar and I'd definitely go for set (either one) as they really transform the beach. Make it feel more like a camper to me and save on getting clothes, books, reading glasses, tolietries etc. out of the boot.

0bb478a0f3ae68a1a575df9380020369.jpg
5944398eacd315c20d8495ae31426140.jpg
c7a877c86619e8d13c1f2acf49caf53a.jpg

I see California Camping has some for the Ocean on pre order, do any of the currently available offerings fit the Ocean?

I see California Camping has some for the Ocean on pre order, do any of the currently available offerings fit the Ocean?
I don't think the Vanessa bags work for the Ocean. Their website warns that only one bag can be used (on the UK passenger side) in a Beach with the 2 seater rear bench. This is due to the 2 seater bench design.

This is assuming the Beach's 2 seat bench is the same as the Ocean's mind.

I only remember this because I looked at the bags before I bought the Beach and was still deciding between 2 and 3 seater variants. Have just double checked on their website though!!!

We have used and abused the VanEssa bags for the past year in our 3 seat bench beach.

They were an excellent buy. They fit all the base clothing needed for for people for a whole year!

Easy to remove and replace.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I found a set of the VanEssa bags at a local dealer for a good price so I snagged them. Very happy with them and the input from everyone. Thanks!

A bit of feed back after having used these VanEssa bag for a while:

As has been said may times, they are of great quality and do provide cavernous storage. I'm very happy with them with only one niggle to mention and that is they have to be removed to unfold/fold the comfort mattress. It is possible to force the mattress past the bags, but this seems like way to much stress to be putting on the bag fixings.

Anyone else had this problem? Maybe something other than the VW comfort mattress is the answer..

A bit of feed back after having used these VanEssa bag for a while:

As has been said may times, they are of great quality and do provide cavernous storage. I'm very happy with them with only one niggle to mention and that is they have to be removed to unfold/fold the comfort mattress. It is possible to force the mattress past the bags, but this seems like way to much stress to be putting on the bag fixings.

Anyone else had this problem? Maybe something other than the VW comfort mattress is the answer..

Mmmm..... I to have the VanEssa bags and VW Comfort Mattress combo, but don't have this issue.

Once the bench-seat is flat...... I just slide the comfort mattress into position. On the reverse, I fold the mattress, then move the stack to the back of the MFB and tilt it in. It does go in with ease IMO.

Perhaps you can share a photo of your issues? Maybe a technique change will keep you sweet.

Maybe a technique change will keep you sweet

I think you are correct about this. Seems that I am doing something wrong with the mattress. I have read and reread the manual and had the mattress in the house messing about trying different configurations. Still not sure I've got it right

Back