Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Happisburgh, Norfolk meet 17th August

I would like to attend a meet in the Norfolk area in mid August

• Maybe

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters
We will hopefully be bringing our dog Toby but unfortunately my friend has let me down on the rounders stuff so I'm going hunting for a bat n ball tomorrow !

Hmmm just thought - Toby + ball = bad idea! He might have to stay home lol

We're settled in, and have finally found some decent internet connectivity!

Ours is the union flag pup tent in the far corner, next to the large roped off area for the caravan club. We'll be back early Friday evening from a day trip to Bressingham.

Facilities basic at best but hot showers for 20p and an amazing view and soundscape. Adjacent lighthouse is open for tours on Sunday.

Prevailing wind is coming from the south.

It's going to be cosy for 20 vans unless some of us fancy parking right on the cliff edge :shocked

Having a nice break except for the drivers internal door release breaking this morning
Harry keeps asking when will his friends be arriving!

Simon, Eleanor & Harry

We will be there mid to late afternoon tomorrow Simon save me a space :rofl :rofl

Oh dear, I hope there is enough room for all of us. We're bringing a large tent too, for my Parents to stay over night.

Also we needs space for pulling apart Lee's dashboard :rofl :rofl :laugh2 :barmy

Also we needs space for pulling apart Lee's dashboard

What about putting it back ??? Or are you going to let him do that, as a test of how closely he has been watching ??

Andy said:
Also we needs space for pulling apart Lee's dashboard

What about putting it back ??? Or are you going to let him do that, as a test of how closely he has been watching ??

Cheers Andy .. Lol ... I'll not be watching unless I'm drunk ... Lol

I've just put some masking tape and cable ties in the Van along with the hammer - What more could we need?

I have had to leave the crow bar because space is limited, I substituted the club hammer for a claw hammer though.

I've just posted up a freebie for someone if it's of any use to anyone attending this weekend let me know and I'll put in it the van.

Freebie

The time is nearly upon me ,but the question is do I have the nerve and willpower to go though with it ... Lol

I hope you all have a good time this weekend everyone that is going, you certainly have some great weather on its way.

If anyone gets some good photo's of the meet, I have created a new album so you can upload them directly to the gallery

Martin said:
I hope you all have a good time this weekend everyone that is going, you certainly have some great weather on its way.

If anyone gets some good photo's of the meet, please let me know and I will get them uploaded to the gallery.

Sorry to hear your not going to be at the meet Martin :-(

Thanks Lee, sadly I was outnumbered in a family vote on this occasion :( That's the problem I have as it is always me versus two women and the dogs vote is never accepted !

Martin said:
Thanks Lee, sadly I was outnumbered in a family vote on this occasion :( That's the problem I have as it is always me versus two women and the dogs vote is never accepted !

Know that one well Martin. :headwall

John

Please be honest, as I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

What would be the attitude of you 'Happisburghers' to someone who has no California turning up for a chat to pick owners brains about buying and specifying one? Particularly if the person concerned is a tweed jacket twice most of your age (who evens struggles to write "Cali" or use smilies) and who wants it for gentle pottering in semi-retirement.

I am not so far away in Suffolk, and was wondering whether to drive over, and indeed when a good time might be to do so.

I already find this site fascinating, and am taking my pre-California homework very seriously as others have clearly done with benefit. But perhaps I should stick to reading the forum, rather than 'gatecrash', or perhaps the SMG open day would be a better bet.

Any thoughts?

PETER M

Personally I have no probs :)

We will be there around 5/5.30 as waiting for Chris to come home then we leaving! Looking forward to seeing you all!

Hiedi :)

Sadly, I'm not going as I have to work but, we've had non-cali owning visitors at most of the events I've attended. I for one am quite happy with that as I believe everyone else is. A Cali owning friend spent hours with me showing me around his before I bought after all...