Happisburgh, Norfolk meet 17th August

I would like to attend a meet in the Norfolk area in mid August

• Maybe

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters
Our bongo owner friends were coming but they have to work now too :(

Just waiting for the good lady to finish work and then we are OFF! Only about an hour's drive too. Currently chucking last bits in the van and trying to find our rounders bat. See you all there!

Viktor said:
Please be honest, as I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

What would be the attitude of you 'Happisburghers' to someone who has no California turning up for a chat to pick owners brains about buying and specifying one? Particularly if the person concerned is a tweed jacket twice most of your age (who evens struggles to write "Cali" or use smilies) and who wants it for gentle pottering in semi-retirement.

I am not so far away in Suffolk, and was wondering whether to drive over, and indeed when a good time might be to do so.

I already find this site fascinating, and am taking my pre-California homework very seriously as others have clearly done with benefit. But perhaps I should stick to reading the forum, rather than 'gatecrash', or perhaps the SMG open day would be a better bet.

Any thoughts?

PETER M

Peter although I cant make the meeting I don't think it would be a problem as we are a very inclusive crowd.

As for when I don't think anyone will be on line as a lot of the Cali folk will be travelling to Norfolk today and I doubt they will have WiFi on the site. Maybe Stu or Kev will pick up your post on their smartphone and can suggest a good time to meet on the weekend. :thumb

John

norfolkcali said:
Just waiting for the good lady to finish work and then we are OFF! Only about an hour's drive too. Currently chucking last bits in the van and trying to find our rounders bat. See you all there!

I have a soft bat and ball - still deciding whether to bring our mad dog!!!

decisions! Luckily our daughter is staying home ...

Just left work, weather looks good and on our way :barmy

Be there in an hour

Thanks for a great turnout guys! Excellent weather too. Same time next year? :D :thumb

We left about an hour ago, stopped off at my Parents place in Aylsham for a brew before heading home.

Massive thanks to Hiedi and of course to everyone who attended for making us all so welcome.

As for a non Cali owner attending, sorry I didn't pick this up before and I hope you did come along. Everyone is really friendly and what better way to see to Cali in action.

If you didn't make it then why not come along to SMG.

Just got back to Ashby de la Zouch .Had a great time at Happisburgh. Met lots of friendly people.Unfortunately Henry, the black half-labrador was a bit grumpy, it was probably a bit too hot for him. We would have absolutely no worries about coming to other Cali gatherings. We took some photos and will post them if they are any good. Thanks to Chris and Heidi for setting up the meeting.
Regards, Pete, Alison, Mac (brown dog), and Henry (black dog).

Hi everyone

Thanks to Hiedi for a fantastic meet great to see all of you again and to Stu for all your hard work
on the cali roll on the next one
:thumb

Sorry this has been sent by smart phone. :shocked

We'd like to add our thanks too, Hiedi, we had a great time and it was great to meet so many lovely fellow Cali owners. See you all again sometime hopefully!

norfolkcali said:
We'd like to add our thanks too, Hiedi, we had a great time and it was great to meet so many lovely fellow Cali owners. See you all again sometime hopefully!

Yes many thanks to them - I really enjoyed it and good to see you again :)

James

Martin said:
I hope you all have a good time this weekend everyone that is going, you certainly have some great weather on its way.

If anyone gets some good photo's of the meet, I have created a new album so you can upload them directly to the gallery

We had a fab 5 nights in Norfolk. Great to catch up with everyone we'd met before at Hollands Wood plus some additional forum members.

I have some photos to upload to the gallery Martin created but don't seem to have permission to do so?

Simon

Thanks James, I have moved them across, looks like the campsite is in a really nice location.

Martin said:
Thanks James, I have moved them across, looks like the campsite is in a really nice location.

Personally I preferred it to Hollands Wood - but it's my kind of place. And it felt more comfortable for me this meet - again, I was on my own because my poor partner Katherine had to stay at home and deal with the sudden decision by our plumber that he could fit new radiators on Saturday.... She's not a VW widow honest... lol

James

Thank you to those who replied to my post about gatecrashing the meet last weekend.

In the end I never made it but plan to go to the SMG open day in September, and hope to pick brains then on California specifications.

PETER M