Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Is this a wind up? Winter air?? Well I’ve heard it all now :D

Eileen

Eileen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Next time you want any rimming doing you could just ask them.

Don't talk to me about rimming, two weeks after having the rimming done by that nice mobile man in Yorkshire that one of you recommended to me, I then managed to do it again on Filey sea front when I had a double decker push me into the kerb.

GregW

GregW

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Don't talk to me about rimming, two weeks after having the rimming done by that nice mobile man in Yorkshire that one of you recommended to me, I then managed to do it again on Filey sea front when I had a double decker push me into the kerb.
Can’t beat a British seaside rimming.

PAPPA J

PAPPA J

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
I must be missing something here,winter air ??
I’ve honestly never heard of it, do people honestly change the air in the tyres with the seasons?

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Of course if you run summer air in winter tyres like jen says it can cause condensation on the inside of the tyre making your steering unbalanced.

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

T5.1 Beach 140
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Of course if you run summer air in winter tyres like jen says it can cause condensation on the inside of the tyre making your steering unbalanced.
Food for thought...I must still have winter air in my fridge, which is why I lose my balance after a bottle of cold white wine.

andyinluton

andyinluton

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
One year I had winter air in summer tyres - certainly wouldn't recommend it. Had a terrible job getting it all out & the correct summer stuff in. Some thing to do with the viscocity or the like...

PAPPA J

PAPPA J

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
I’ve been driving vans all round the uk for 35 yrs and until this thread never heard of this before i honestly thought this was a wind up

CaliforniaBen

CaliforniaBen

VIP Member
Be careful if you have summer air in your tyres and your MOT is due in winter as you could get a fail, or vice versa. I can definitely recommend winter air though, we have been using it for last two years and we are also seeing an improvement in MPG especially when temperatures drop below 5 degrees.

Ksar-el-kebir

Ksar-el-kebir

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
If you turn the tyres inside out every so often it should even the wear out.

How could you have moved further North? Kettering was north of practically anywhere to begin with :shocked
Be wary about turning the tyres "inside out" as some tyres are one way only.

vmaxkiddy

vmaxkiddy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I think it is worth noting that any vehicles still with their original factory fit tyres will have German air in them, and come the end of October this will have to be replaced with UK air.

Our Partners