Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

winter air

Next time you want any rimming doing you could just ask them.

Don't talk to me about rimming, two weeks after having the rimming done by that nice mobile man in Yorkshire that one of you recommended to me, I then managed to do it again on Filey sea front when I had a double decker push me into the kerb.

Don't talk to me about rimming, two weeks after having the rimming done by that nice mobile man in Yorkshire that one of you recommended to me, I then managed to do it again on Filey sea front when I had a double decker push me into the kerb.

Can’t beat a British seaside rimming.

I must be missing something here,winter air ??
I’ve honestly never heard of it, do people honestly change the air in the tyres with the seasons?

Of course if you run summer air in winter tyres like jen says it can cause condensation on the inside of the tyre making your steering unbalanced.

Of course if you run summer air in winter tyres like jen says it can cause condensation on the inside of the tyre making your steering unbalanced.
Food for thought...I must still have winter air in my fridge, which is why I lose my balance after a bottle of cold white wine.

One year I had winter air in summer tyres - certainly wouldn't recommend it. Had a terrible job getting it all out & the correct summer stuff in. Some thing to do with the viscocity or the like...

I’ve been driving vans all round the uk for 35 yrs and until this thread never heard of this before i honestly thought this was a wind up

Be careful if you have summer air in your tyres and your MOT is due in winter as you could get a fail, or vice versa. I can definitely recommend winter air though, we have been using it for last two years and we are also seeing an improvement in MPG especially when temperatures drop below 5 degrees.

If you turn the tyres inside out every so often it should even the wear out.

How could you have moved further North? Kettering was north of practically anywhere to begin with :shocked
Be wary about turning the tyres "inside out" as some tyres are one way only.

Last year we went skiing in the French alps with winter air in the tyres, we did notice that a fuel station in Chamonix was selling air de montagne (mountain air) , I am not sure if there is any difference in the two