Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

winter air

briwy

briwy

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Pour some alcohol in Kev, that will stop the air freezing. And of course pour some in yourself.

Barryjm

Barryjm

VIP Member
This thread is Airlarious! Sorry not read it all hopefully no one has already used this Pun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eileen

Eileen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I am not sure if this was a joke or not but I have been trying to source winter air today as we are staying at a campsite high up in the French alps this coming weekend and I am concerned I only have normal air in my tyres. So far I have tried gas stations and also a tyre place and neither of them had winter air available

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I am not sure if this was a joke or not but I have been trying to source winter air today as we are staying at a campsite high up in the French alps this coming weekend and I am concerned I only have normal air in my tyres. So far I have tried gas stations and also a tyre place and neither of them had winter air available
For sure, you are a wind up merchant Eileen.
See if you can get some rimming done whilst you're in the alps :eek:

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Woman pulls up with her Monte Carlo, not sure if it was LS LT or SS..either way, doesn't matter. She walks in and says to the guy at the counter, "My husband told me to come in and have the air replaced in my tires." Service guy says "Ma'am, do you mean you need your tire pressure checked? do you know of a leak in the tire?" The woman replies with "NO, nothing like that, it's that my husband said I need to have the air in my tires replaced with Summer Air because it's spring and we still have the Winter Air in them." The Service guy laughs, and realizes whats going on and explains that her husband must be pulling a joke on her, so he sends the woman off with a bogus invoice stating "REPLACEMENT OF WINTER AIR WITH SUMMER AIR: $30 per tire labor & $5 per tire for cost of Air" A few hours later, 5 mins till the shop was to close, the service counter receives a phone call from a extremely angry man yelling about how his wife was ripped off and charged $140 for an absurd request. After yelling and not allowing the service manager to explain that he had not actually charged the man's wife for anything, the man hung up the phone and said "This wont be the last you hear from me!".....

A week later our service department received a written apology and a 20 dollar bill..the letter said "Have a few rounds on me fellas. ha ha" it was signed "Happy Customer with Summer Air."

Lets just say his apology was accepted and the Monte Carlo never came in for its Winter Air appointment in the fall.

Trevor Adams

Trevor Adams

Magic Bus
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Is there any difference between Arctic Winter Air and Alpine Winter Air?

SailSki

SailSki

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I’m slightly worried that I might have to breathe out at some point when I come back to the UK from Switzerland as the mountain air in my lungs isn’t compatible with the Gulf Stream temperate air in the UK.
However since the European air operates in my left lung but the UK air will only work in my right lung then maybe I can breathe easily after all...

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Is there any difference between Arctic Winter Air and Alpine Winter Air?
One is formed by tectonic movemoment, the other is formed by glacial effect, two very different things and something that should be considered carefully when planning multi centre trips at the same time, thanks for highlighting this issue to others

Wesel

Wesel

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
The best to fill the tires with vacuum air. In this way we can keep it summer and winter. But it's hard to find garages equipped to do it.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I suppose Equator Air would be a suitable compromise.:thumb

Alan

Alan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My local garage (an independent) is offering free winter air for every service booked in up to the end of the year
will this invalidate any warranty or not?

Alan

Joker 1299

Joker 1299

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Luna air... feels like you’re walking on the moon! (Only thing is... there’s no atmosphere).

Kirx

Kirx

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I’m really not keen using my Cali tyres at all during the winter months, so I’m going to quit my job, friends and social life and stay at home until June.

Our Partners