Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

winter air

willwander

willwander

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Actually it's important apply Boyle's Law to determine if the air you are adding is exothermic or endothermic, as detailed in this actual University of Washington chemistry mid-term exam response:
Bear in mind that pressure will change due to altitude and temperature as stated by the barometric formula, thankfully it’s pretty easy to work out using this equation.

6EBAFCB3-96B8-40FC-924E-39B3A9542FF3.jpeg

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Bear in mind that pressure will change due to altitude and temperature as stated by the barometric formula, thankfully it’s pretty easy to work out using this equation.

View attachment 68132
Are you sure the formula is correct? I think you are just testing to see if we've spotted the deliberate error.

Annik

Annik

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We just had two tyres replaced ahead of our trip to Cornwall and Kwik Fit have an offer of free winter air if you buy two or Michelin tyres. Even though it is not cold yet I am already seeing an improvement. I am tempted to get some winter air for the wife's car too.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We just had two tyres replaced ahead of our trip to Cornwall and Kwik Fit have an offer of free winter air if you buy two or Michelin tyres. Even though it is not cold yet I am already seeing an improvement. I am tempted to get some winter air for the wife's car too.
Bear in mind it is warmer in Cornwall than Manchester :)

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
In the event of a no deal it will only be available here in psi. Panic buying may lead to shortages.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
In the event of a no deal it will only be available here in psi. Panic buying may lead to shortages.
I know I shouldn't, but we've got 5 cars so I'm bulk buying this weekend, getting a years worth in in one hit. Don't know where to keep it all though.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I know I shouldn't, but we've got 5 cars so I'm bulk buying this weekend, getting a years worth in in one hit. Don't know where to keep it all though.
Where are you getting it from? It can make a big difference to performance. Waitrose or M&S are best as their new line features pure Scottish winter air with a of hint of Scots pine and Autumn Heather. Don't be tempted to go cheap. They often use recycled guff.

Last edited:
Louis II

Louis II

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Trouble with all these scientific equation thingeys is to most of us it's all hot air and we want cold air!!:shocked
If you use hot air in summer tyres in winter it keeps them above 7c which means no need for winter tyres.
Likewise cold air in winter tyres in summer means no need for summer tyres.

Wildcamper

Wildcamper

Vehicle
T5 HighTop
What a load of rubbish! Someone might actually believe this "winter air" farce.

HectorPascal

HectorPascal

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We always use Londonderry Air as it’s a nice mix and what tyre noise there is is somehow sweeter.

J

Jay gas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Is anyone running on autumn air I’ve heard it’s a mixture of the winter and summer air that helps with the cooler overnight temp but also helps with the warmer days compared to winter. Do you need a 50/50 mix around the middle of the county say Birmingham and maybe a 70/30 mix the further south you go. I can imagine a 20/80 mix required for the far north of the uk.

CaliforniaBen

CaliforniaBen

VIP Member
Is anyone running on autumn air I’ve heard it’s a mixture of the winter and summer air that helps with the cooler overnight temp but also helps with the warmer days compared to winter. Do you need a 50/50 mix around the middle of the county say Birmingham and maybe a 70/30 mix the further south you go. I can imagine a 20/80 mix required for the far north of the uk.

I think there is a mix calculator app you can download , the calculations look quite complex to do manually.

VW California Club