Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

winter air

I would be careful.

A warm spell now with cold air in the tyre could cause a thermal loss of equilibrium resulting in uneven tyre wear, except on a 4 motion of course.

I would suggest not putting winter air in until at least the 1st of October.

thanks jen its just i have moved 100 miles north and its feeling like winter. i always use under rated tyres so used to uneven tyre wear

If you turn the tyres inside out every so often it should even the wear out.

How could you have moved further North? Kettering was north of practically anywhere to begin with :shocked

Oh, I prefer Double Space Inverters. They are self inflating with temperature compensation so no need to worry about location of use. Perfik.

I don’t know but ideally the same for both front and back tyres. Whatever you do don’t mix the air on an axle.

I’m also changing the air in the under sink cupboard merely as a precaution going into winter, I’ve just been told the portaloo that lives there was used a couple of weeks ago & has been brewing since...

I don’t know but ideally the same for both front and back tyres. Whatever you do don’t mix the air on an axle.

I’m also changing the air in the under sink cupboard merely as a precaution going into winter, I’ve just been told the portaloo that lives there was used a couple of weeks ago & has been brewing since...
Now quick fit told me you could mix air on the same axle as long as you don’t do it before sept 15th I won’t be going back there

I think a word of warning here.

Filling a tyre with colder air can be problematic for as the tyre warms up there is a chance of condensation forming within the tyre.

That's why Black circles and others recommend drilling a small hole in the tyre every so often to allow the condensate to escape. :shocked

This is all new to me, where do I purchase winter air from please ?
Mt Blanc would be your nearest source. at least half way up.

Word of caution - as the winter air is colder and goes to the tyre bottom when checking the pressure you need to take readings with the valve at bottom and top to check the average pressure. Not 100% accurate as you don't know the ratio of winter to summer air inside the tyre.

Last edited:
I get mine from the high street, Blocks of 5 psi from Iceland ...

End of season summer air is on special at half price at our local TyreFit. Though bear in mind it is not as dense so you need to put in double the quantity to get the same pressure.

This is all new to me, where do I purchase winter air from please ?

This sounds like one of those April 1st type of statements.
Next we will hear about only using approved Volkswagen Screenwash and a particular make of Adblu...:talktothehand

I've seen it...that make sense now, ADPink
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 20.16.24.png