Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

winter air

Brandrup to launch "Winterluft-X" especially for Cali owners. 5% discount if you order through the shop for vips.

Before changing, you may wish to check with your dealer. I was going to get mine changed at the next service, but have been told that it was supplied with the long life four seasons air when new & that punctures excepted it should last the life of the tyres.

Its worth checking with your dealer.

will they be able to check what air is in there it might save me the bother of changing

will they be able to check what air is in there it might save me the bother of changing
Get them to do just one tyre at first. Have a look at the air they take out then decide what you should do next.

Get them to do just one tyre at first. Have a look at the air they take out then decide what you should do next.
Easy enough to tell the difference, blue or green.....

Easy enough to tell the difference, blue or green.....
:thumb

spent ages looking in the manual and can’t find a dam thing regarding this topic :headbang

Alan

Page 458 in mine - owners manual issue 05.21014

Pour some alcohol in Kev, that will stop the air freezing. And of course pour some in yourself.

This thread is Airlarious! Sorry not read it all hopefully no one has already used this Pun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not sure if this was a joke or not but I have been trying to source winter air today as we are staying at a campsite high up in the French alps this coming weekend and I am concerned I only have normal air in my tyres. So far I have tried gas stations and also a tyre place and neither of them had winter air available

I am not sure if this was a joke or not but I have been trying to source winter air today as we are staying at a campsite high up in the French alps this coming weekend and I am concerned I only have normal air in my tyres. So far I have tried gas stations and also a tyre place and neither of them had winter air available
For sure, you are a wind up merchant Eileen.
See if you can get some rimming done whilst you're in the alps :eek:

Woman pulls up with her Monte Carlo, not sure if it was LS LT or SS..either way, doesn't matter. She walks in and says to the guy at the counter, "My husband told me to come in and have the air replaced in my tires." Service guy says "Ma'am, do you mean you need your tire pressure checked? do you know of a leak in the tire?" The woman replies with "NO, nothing like that, it's that my husband said I need to have the air in my tires replaced with Summer Air because it's spring and we still have the Winter Air in them." The Service guy laughs, and realizes whats going on and explains that her husband must be pulling a joke on her, so he sends the woman off with a bogus invoice stating "REPLACEMENT OF WINTER AIR WITH SUMMER AIR: $30 per tire labor & $5 per tire for cost of Air" A few hours later, 5 mins till the shop was to close, the service counter receives a phone call from a extremely angry man yelling about how his wife was ripped off and charged $140 for an absurd request. After yelling and not allowing the service manager to explain that he had not actually charged the man's wife for anything, the man hung up the phone and said "This wont be the last you hear from me!".....

A week later our service department received a written apology and a 20 dollar bill..the letter said "Have a few rounds on me fellas. ha ha" it was signed "Happy Customer with Summer Air."

Lets just say his apology was accepted and the Monte Carlo never came in for its Winter Air appointment in the fall.

Is there any difference between Arctic Winter Air and Alpine Winter Air?

I’m slightly worried that I might have to breathe out at some point when I come back to the UK from Switzerland as the mountain air in my lungs isn’t compatible with the Gulf Stream temperate air in the UK.
However since the European air operates in my left lung but the UK air will only work in my right lung then maybe I can breathe easily after all...

Is there any difference between Arctic Winter Air and Alpine Winter Air?
One is formed by tectonic movemoment, the other is formed by glacial effect, two very different things and something that should be considered carefully when planning multi centre trips at the same time, thanks for highlighting this issue to others

The best to fill the tires with vacuum air. In this way we can keep it summer and winter. But it's hard to find garages equipped to do it.

I suppose Equator Air would be a suitable compromise.:thumb

My local garage (an independent) is offering free winter air for every service booked in up to the end of the year
will this invalidate any warranty or not?

Alan

Luna air... feels like you’re walking on the moon! (Only thing is... there’s no atmosphere).

I’m really not keen using my Cali tyres at all during the winter months, so I’m going to quit my job, friends and social life and stay at home until June.